Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 40 of 281 Posts

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
@Loli GW does seem to be digging back into 2nd Edition for inspiration and ideas. Honestly I like it. A lot of popular stuff is coming back and the mini-rule sets do a lot to expand the game.
I know this thread is a little dated, but I want to agree with you here. 2nd ed wad my heyday, and I still have a soft spot for it. I miss saving throw modifiers damnit!

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
i also notice that the 2 factions who REALLY REALLY need an update/change/brutal beating aint there. Eldar and Tau.

New codex to them please.
And if/when they get and update my bet is Tau get a clamshell or two at most and are largely instead a rules update. IF Eldar get plastics they'll probably be jetbikes OR SOME aspect warriors.

The list only goes to Jun anyways. It's early Feb right now. We still have time to see them updated. In the mean time they need to adapt to being able to handle the improved durability of Necrons because a lot of the old tricks don't work. Necrons may not be the best at dishing out huge numbers of wounds or shots compared to a lot of armies, but they can sure as hell take them and that is an advantage people will need to work around.

Who knows, maybe Grey Knights will start taking Psylencers seriously just because they have Force.

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Hopefully GW keeps up the pace of these releases, because if they do I can easily see us getting all books replaced within the next year (+/- a few months, maybe).

I'm sorta surprised GW didn't release a dual Harlequin/Eldar Jetbike. I totally thought that was going to happen for some reason. Maybe the Harlequin bike is too big, or something.

That's what SHE sai-- :suicide:

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
I know this thread is a little dated, but I want to agree with you here. 2nd ed wad my heyday, and I still have a soft spot for it. I miss saving throw modifiers damnit!
Myself I miss sustained fire dice, they were cool.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
I'm just disappointed the rumored new DA upgrade set seems to have been wishlisting. (Oh and a small codex adjustment would be nice so I don't get stomped by my brothers Tau everytime).

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
I still call bullocks on the CSM only getting a supplement. The rumor was a Khorne supplement, and right now Fantasy is getting a Khorne themed End Times. I think the guy who overheard the rumor mixed up Fantasy and 40k.

I will stick to CSM getting a new book. Right now the focus is to get all 6th up to 7th standards, and them only releasing a supplement makes absolutely no sense.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
A world eaters codex has been on the books for the last 7 years. There was talk of it back when I was in the studio.
It's a fairly consistent rumour that pops up itself fairly consistently

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm just disappointed the rumored new DA upgrade set seems to have been wishlisting. (Oh and a small codex adjustment would be nice so I don't get stomped by my brothers Tau everytime).
word...fucking tau. Played a game over the weekend against tau. I don't mind most of their rules, they are shooty and good at it, which is fine, but the smart missile systems are broken. A unit of 3 broadsides shooting 12 S5, ignores cover, ignores LOS, rerolls misses and lets put interceptor on there to boot is just ridiculous.

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
Well with IA 13 the book has gotten some stuff that helps. It's not perfect, but it's a start.
IA 13 has some very good stuff in it, and as long as you stay away from ultra comp play, it creates a very fun list to play..

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
IA 13 has some very good stuff in it, and as long as you stay away from ultra comp play, it creates a very fun list to play..
Yeah, I picked up a Relic Sicaran, Fire Raptor, and Hell Blade. I'm also going to build a counts-as-Zarakynel Khornate Warlord on a Carnosaur. The Rapier batteries are also nice. Hopefully one day I'll make some of those, too.

There are lots of cool units, and I guess your stipulation about staying away from ultra-comp play has a lot of merit, but I can't help but be bothered by the obscene point costs and crappy Legacies of Ruin.

Even with all that whining, I love the book. It's just awesome and it feels good to revel in the heresy.

Really, the issue is the codex. It's just so blah. Doesn't mean in its current form it isn't fun or even sometimes competitive. Sorry all, the point wasn't to beat a dead horse. I swear.

I just think it's sorta wishful thinking to assume we're even getting a new book for 7th. I would gladly accept one, but GW really could just call it a day and roll out supplement after supplement since CSM/DA/SM/Tau/Eldar/Daemons already have hardback books. They could get our money by releasing an updated codex that includes new Lords of War and Formations, but couldn't they just as easily release those as supplements or dataslates?

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I do think a 7th edition book is coming, I just don't think CSM are next. I mean we're looking at a Fantasy Release for March (with any Daemon models likely getting a 40k rules release as well), and while April is up in the air right now (though my money is on a small release) May is looking like the 9th Ed Fantasy drop. So right now we're probably looking at a conservative estimate of later summer or fall before we really see things rolling (and that's assuming we're lucking and get Sisters in the early-mid Summer).

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I do think a 7th edition book is coming, I just don't think CSM are next.
worst case scenario would probably be next year, the speed things things are now at

21 - 40 of 281 Posts