Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Slaanesh's Plaything
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems on the first of June, GW will be rising prices again.

Today Games Workshop has informed us of their forthcoming price rises. Effective on the 1st June, 242 items will increase in RRP and therefore we will have to increase our prices, so if you want to take advantage of the current lower prices please order as soon as possible!
http://www.darksphere.co.uk/index.php

The link shows all the kits and models which are going up

The increase is between 5%-26% with a average of around 13% rise.

·
Imperial Major
383 Posts
Ouch, the Valkyries going up. Better pick one up. It's not that bad I suppose, could be worse. As for the codex's, now they're in line with C:SM.

EDIT:Thanks for the info

·
Registered
225 Posts
bloody hell, if the price rise on Mega Nobs is true, who the hell is gonna use them, £12 a model, screw that lol

·
Registered
967 Posts
Does this forum has any rules on cursing and foul language? Cause I'm afraid I might break all of them.

$%& *@#! ?<€/ +~!!!!!

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Only until their next release, when they will become plastic. Hopefully.

We get to laugh in the face of Dark Angels players who are forced to shell out 17.50 on the single smallest codex. How many pages is it? Like 50?

Rhinos are now £1 for each 1.75 points, which amuses me no end. Bets on next edition it being £1 per 1 point?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
This is why I'm seriously getting feed up with gw, an average price rise of 13% some going up 25%, that ridiculus

And they wonder why people are going to online retailers and ebay!

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Christ almighty. I haven't bought a box of assault terminators because I thought the price of $50 USD for 5 plastic models was insane. Now the price will increase? Oh well, will never get my hands on a set of them then.

It's just like Orc bikers, $42 USD for three small plastic models?!?! My son wants/needs 6 more, but at almost $90 USD for them, I can't afford it. Hell, for the price of two boxes of bikers I can get a battle force box with a trukk, 20 boys and 3 bikers! There pricing is so screwed up and retarded it makes me laugh in disgust.

Fuck GW, they blow ass.

·
description whore
2,864 Posts
Thats ridiculous, guess ill just have to give up on my ba army and keep trading models for te ones i want. 17.50 for a codex is absolutely stupid. The books are fricking tiny, 15 quid max.

I am seriously not amused

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
i can possibly see why the basilisk is £30 and not £25 if these prices rises are anything to go by, but bloody hell arent GW kinda pushing it with these prices, i thought £35 for a landraider or defiler was expensive but £37.50 thats pushing it, especially £15 for an attack squad, £15 for 5 basic guys jeez

·
Registered
614 Posts
bloody hell, if the price rise on Mega Nobs is true, who the hell is gonna use them, £12 a model, screw that lol
What about Obliterators? 13.5£ each, and most tournament armies include 6-9.
Well I don't mind, I'll build mine using plastic Chaos Terminators....WTF the Terminators rise too ?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
221 Posts
from corrywl83 at dakka

Hi

Though I am no fan of price increases, I am in the plastics business and sell a variety of Materials.

I know that we are having issues with availability on Styrene and ABS. On top of this we have seen a number of price increase on raw material, from 5% to 12% a pop.

I know that the material is a small part of the productiomn, but it does add up.

Corry

might this be the reason

·
Registered
711 Posts
No GW just likes there yearly price increase so they can take more money for there poor service and lack of support.

And woohoo! now ever one pays the same price as a SM codex, and they get 1/3 the content!

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
well i normaly buy from GW but no more.
Fuck you workshop, from now on its online retailers.
Why are they trying to ruin our hobby?
white dwarf is crap
codexs get changed to allow for more models to be sold (Daemon hunters)
fucking Sm's get forced upon every one...........
Getting real tired of this shit
D

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Gah, I didn't think I'd ever say it, but I feel like I'm losing a grip on this hobby. It's simply getting to the point where I can't afford to buy from the local store anymore. =/

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Honestly can't say I'm surprised.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Fuck GW, they blow ass.
hahaha best quote! you should just email them that. they'd be well gutted!

well i normaly buy from GW but no more.
Fuck you workshop, from now on its online retailers.
Why are they trying to ruin our hobby?
white dwarf is crap
codexs get changed to allow for more models to be sold (Daemon hunters)
fucking Sm's get forced upon every one...........
Getting real tired of this shit
D
i remeber when tactical squads of sm where 15 quid! thats when they brought the new plastic squad out, and now they are like 20 odd quid!

if everyone united and went 'nah, im not paying toilet prices for plastic men' GW would look down on itself ashamed. and would be forced to sort thier pricing out. unfortunatley that will never happen.....

i wish i was che guevara (spelt wrong) of the wammah world. i'd kick off and lead a revolution. ah well piracy, and paying chavs to nick stuff is the only way now

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Omg, how on earth can they expect new players to get into the game at these prices, I know its a business and I know they have to make money but when two of my mates both of which I would like to play with said that the reason they won't start playing is the initial cost (and they are both employed and dont have a mortgage)the prices are simply too high already.

When a computer game costs the same as 10 plastic soldiers the kids and parents will take the option with no additional costs, GW fail

1 - 20 of 190 Posts