Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey new to this website and Chaos Daemons. Made a chaos daemon army because I always liked Khorne. He's the only one with catchy phrases like BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, and SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE. So I decided to make a 2000 point list that's somewhat fluffy but competitive. any advice would be welcomed!

HQ

Skulltaker
Skarbrand, The Exiled One

Elites

3x Bloodcrusher, Chaos Icon, Fury of Khorne, Instrument of Chaos

3x Bloodcrusher, Chaos Icon, Fury of Khorne

Troops

10x Bloodletter, Chaos Icon, Fury of Khorne

10x Bloodletter, Fury of Khorne, Instrument of Chaos

10x Bloodletter, Chaos Icon , Fury of Khorne

Fast Attack

7x Flesh Hound, Fury of Khorne, Karanak

Heavy Support

Daemon Prince of Chaos
Daemonic Flight, Iron Hide, Unholy Might
Mark of Khorne
Blessing of the Blood God, Death Strike

Soul Grinder of Chaos
Soul Grinder of Chaos
Tongue
= 2000 points

I plan on doing it this way:

Skarbrand, 2 Soul grinders, Daemon Prince, and Crushers for first wave. The Skulltaker, Bloodletters, and Flesh hounds next wave. I thought of having all the big things take all the shots first round and have the little guys come behind them. I put icons with the letters just in case they come in turn 1. Any feedback on deployment would also be helpful and thank you for reading!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hey new to this website and Chaos Daemons. Made a chaos daemon army because I always liked Khorne. He's the only one with catchy phrases like BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, and SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE. So I decided to make a 2000 point list that's somewhat fluffy but competitive. any advice would be welcomed!

HQ

Skulltaker
Expensive model thats mostly for attacking multiwound caracters without inv saves. Nice to have when Mephisto is on the table but usually don´t do it IMO.
Skarbrand, The Exiled One
I only use him in Slaanesh lista as all others have to weak an initiative to make it count.
Elites

3x Bloodcrusher, Chaos Icon, Fury of Khorne, Instrument of Chaos
Really should trie to have 4 in a unit to max out on wound alocation.

3x Bloodcrusher, Chaos Icon, Fury of Khorne

Troops

10x Bloodletter, Chaos Icon, Fury of Khorne
Good, More Bletters is better if you can swing it some how! Icons are a wast of points and the ones you have on the crushers are the only one worth taking in a list.

10x Bloodletter, Fury of Khorne, Instrument of Chaos

10x Bloodletter, Chaos Icon , Fury of Khorne

Fast Attack

7x Flesh Hound, Fury of Khorne, Karanak
Good, the only thing fast in khorne.

Heavy Support

Daemon Prince of Chaos
Daemonic Flight, Iron Hide, Unholy Might
Mark of Khorne
Blessing of the Blood God, Death Strike
To expensive and far to easy to kill. People will se that SGs and your Dp are the big enemy and kill them super fast.

Soul Grinder of Chaos
Good, Only shooting Khorne have so they are a must IMO. The tounge is to onesided and 4+ to hit, phlegm is good and have more uses w. AP3 S8 big blast.

Soul Grinder of Chaos
Tongue
= 2000 points

I plan on doing it this way:

Skarbrand, 2 Soul grinders, Daemon Prince, and Crushers for first wave. The Skulltaker, Bloodletters, and Flesh hounds next wave. I thought of having all the big things take all the shots first round and have the little guys come behind them. I put icons with the letters just in case they come in turn 1. Any feedback on deployment would also be helpful and thank you for reading!
It´s not a bad list but I can see better ways to spend the points. I would scratch the icons on bletters and the DP and and 2 more crushers and and 10 more bletters. Would have Phlegm as my SGs upgrade. Would have a bloodthirster instead of of Skarbrand or more crushers, bletters or hounds. My 2 cents

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice, but I just can't seem to get rid of the icons on the bletters in fear of having them and skulltaker come in as the first wave instead of the second. If I just leave it on one then the opponent will focus fire on them and my guys will be going all over the place. The phlegm i can see because of BS3. Although I do want to add more bletters and curshers, I really want to keep the DP, Skarbrand, and skulltaker. The DP because I love seeing a giant flying space marine turned daemon killing things and it has multiple wounds, so it's pretty much a big walking tank i suppose. I like skarbrand because he's big, scary, and impressive stats. I'll usually have him off somewhere to divert the opponent attention. I have skulltaker to take care of hq's. I usually play against Mephiston, a GK Grandmaster with nades, Asdrubal Vect, and a Tau battlesuit commander. I'm considering taking some things of the DP to make him cheaper but I still want him to be fluffy. Is there anyway this can be done?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I play tested a 1500 pts pure khorne list this week against nidz. 2 soul grinders with phlegm won me that game. Hounds are great! they have 24" threat range and perform well in combat, i would get more of those. Blood letters die fast, maybe have fewer but bigger squads of 15?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Although I do want to add more bletters and curshers, I really want to keep the DP, Skarbrand, and skulltaker. The DP because I love seeing a giant flying space marine turned daemon killing things and it has multiple wounds, so it's pretty much a big walking tank i suppose. I like skarbrand because he's big, scary, and impressive stats.
By all means use skarbrand if you like the character, but I don't think he has a place in a really competitive list. A Bloothirster with the same stats (-1A) would be 25 points cheaper, PLUS has wings. His re-roll ability really is a double edged blade and may restrict your deployment and ability to match-up against another CC unit

I'm considering taking some things of the DP to make him cheaper but I still want him to be fluffy. Is there anyway this can be done?
Khorne daemon princes are the worst of the lot. T5, 5++ isn't really going to worry anyone. BTBG is good, and Might is a must. Most of them will never make their points back - that's why a phlegm soul grinder is usually a better option. DP's may work if you take 2 or 3 for target saturation. If you need to save points drop wings, but that handicaps your mobility... a tough choice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts