Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Green Knight - 275
Prophetess - 225 (Level 4)
Paladin - 129 (War Banner, Battle Standard, Warhorse, Virtue of Duty)
Damsel - 130 ( Level 2, Dispel Scroll)
9 Knights of the Realm - 250 (Banner of Chalons, Full Command)
20 Men at Arms - 127 (Full Command)
20 Bowmen - 160 (Villein, Brazier, Standard, Light Armour)
20 Bowmen - 160 (Villein, Brazier, Standard, Light Armour)
26 Bowmen - 192 (Villein, Brazier, Standard, Light Armour)
Grail Reliquae - 253(15 extra men)
Field Trebuchet - 90

I've always been a big fan of the Brettonian charge and having a whole lot of cavalry, but I thought I'd try something different for a change, and went mostly peasantry. The idea is to use the ranged units to whittle down units getting too close, while the 2 blocks protect them. The Prophetess is there as I was told by someone who's had a look at the book(still haven't done so myself) that level 4 wizards are advised. The damsel is for a bit of back up, and to be a scroll caddy. The obligatory Knights unit, coupled with the standard bearer, will be hoping to cut a swathe through units that escape the ranged and magic. The green Knight will hopefully be able to help them in this role by popping up next to where I want a combat and charging in with them the next turn.

Any critique, especially from people who have had a good look at/played with the new rules, would be useful.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did have the damsel with the the Staff of Channelling, but was told my someone that it was useless, so decided I'd add it in if I feel I need it after a few play tests. Unfortunately at the moment this is all I've got in the way of peasantry so although the second trebuchet could work, I'll have to leave it out until I get more room to store models, and more money to spend on them.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I changed the list a little, took out the damsel and the banner of chalons and added a paladin, and a few more grail pilgrims. I only managed to play two games against my friends Dwarves, and this worked really well against him. though the Trebuchet was destroyed by cannons straight away both times. Still, in both games, I managed a win, helped in the second game by the loss of his anvil and Runelord in the second turn, leaving me open to wreak magical hell on his men. Hopefully I'll get to use it against Skaven next, hopefully it will work just as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts