Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So basically this has been my favourite list with my Lizardmen so far, what do u guys think.

Saurus Oldblood-455
Carnosaur
Armour of Destiny
Sword of Swift Slaying
Enchanted Sheild
Obsidian Trinket

Skink Priest-145
Dispell Scroll
Talisman of Protection

Saurus Scar-Veteran-158
BSB
Gambler's Armour
Sword of Battle
Potion of Speed
Sheild

Saurus Scar-Veteran-120
Charmed Sheild
Seed of Rebirth
Sword of Striking
Light Armour

24xSaurus Warriors-294
Command

18xSaurus Warriors-222
Command
Spears

24xSkinks-301
3xKroxigor
Banner
Brave

6xCold One Cavalry-275
Command
Banner of Swiftness

·
Registered
10 Posts
first you cant have more than one of any type of magic item, so drop the ench shield on the oldblood for a reg shield. This is ok because 1+ is the max armour save you can have anyway. As for the list I would say its an ok balanced list, but what would you do against teclis bombing you with irresistible pit of shades, or against a really hard unit like chaos chosen with a lord

·
Registered
442 Posts
if you want kroxigor take an actual unit of them as in a unit of skinks they will just die as people target the skinks and get a massive combat res meaning you just run away take a unit of 10 and laugh in your opponentss face with your30 s6 attacks and 5 s4 stomps

·
Registered
312 Posts
You should drop the champions in the skinks and saurus groups. Usually, those champions are not worth the points. It would make more sense to put the scar vets in those units (or a skink chief in the skrox unit).

A unit of Kroxigors alone could be a good idea. 6 of them would get you 18 attacks from a fear causing unit, which with the new fear tests every round of CC, could be awesome.

Also, work in some salamanders. With the new edition, salamanders can march and shoot (can stand and shoot as well). This will effectively give them a huge bonus on moving and flanking the enemy units. Once on the flank, fire across the unit and BOOM, no partial. -3 to armor saves and then the panic check. Awesome!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Isn't the salamanders ability of "Gout Flames" and breath weapon? Because if it is, I am gonna LMFAO!

·
Registered
312 Posts
No, it is not considered a breath weapon per the last Lizardmen errata (I think that was the one). It is more of a war machine. That is what will make it so lethal. I guess that could change with the errata though.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
So basically using you're guys advice I've made some changes to my list.

Saurus Oldblood-453
Carnosaur
Armour of Destiny
Sword of Swift Slaying
Obsidian Trinket
Sheild

Skink Priest-145
Dispell Scroll
Plaque of Tepok

Saurus Scar-Veteran-158
BSB
Gambler's Armour
Sword of Battle
Potion of Speed
Sheild

Saurus Scar-Veteran-120
Charmed Sheild
Seed of Rebirth
Sword of Striking
Light Armour

23xSaurus Warriors-283
Command

17xSaurus Warriors-235
Command
Spears

6xKroxigor-330

6xCold One Cavalry-275
Command
Banner of Swiftness

So what do u guys think? I used my older list in a game against a local red shirts WoC and almost tabled him. We were playing the mission with the watchtower in the middle and you had to capture it. His Marauders started inside and my Skinks with Krox went up and took it but then some Warriors came and kicked them out so the skinks and my priest spent the game running away. The Cold One knights were fairly good but I dont think I'll send them up against stuff like Warriors if I decide to not put the Oldblood with them. The Oldblood was basically my hero of the game, killing his Sorcerer lord, Level 2 and Exalted plus making two units of Warriors flee, 1 right off the table! Overall I like the list but I think you guys were right about the Krox, Skinks make them flee to easily in combat.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I normally give my oldblood scimitar of the sun but there's a cheaper version in the rulebook give him that, maiming shield and carnosaur pendant. There's also another magic armour that gives you a 2+ ward against fire and +1 to your armour save, that's 9 attacks and a 1+ armour

·
Registered
312 Posts
Over the weekend, I had two battles with my Lizardmen. Easily, my unit of 3 salamanders (with extra snack) was my MVP. Out of the two games, I averaged about 6-7 wounds per turn (with the exception of 2 misfires--yumm...Skinks--lost 3). This unit destroyed almost half of a ork and goblin army.

Well worth the points.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts