Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been a while since I last played with this army, and I need to make it up to date. And so I would like to get your opinion about it. And if I haven't calculated wrong, I have 15 points left to spend. One thought I have, is to take away the melta bombs from the tactical sergeants, and to give a power fist to the Sternguard Veteran Sergeant in the squad with Lias.

Primary detachement
Lias Issodon
/175pts

Chaplain with jump pack and melta bombs
/110pts

Tactical squad (5) with plasma gun, combi-plasma, melta bombs
/100pts

Tactical squad (5) with plasma gun, combi-plasma, melta bombs
/100pts

Land speeder Typhoon squadron (2) with Typhoon ML and multi-melta
/160pts

Stormtalon gunship with Skyhammer ML
/115pts

Stormtalon gunship with Skyhammer ML
/115pts

1st Company task force
Sternguard squad (10)
/220pts

Sternguard squad (10)
/220pts

Vanguard squad (5) with jumppacks, Vet sgt (Relic blade & Storm shield), #2 (Thunderhammer & Stormshield), #3 (twin lightning claws, melta bombs), #4 & #5 (Chainsword & Storm shield)
/200pts

10th Company task force
Scout squad (10)
/110pts

Scout squad (10)
/110pts

Scout squad (5) with CCW, Vet sgt (power maul & melta bombs), Land speeder Storm (Heavy flamer)
/125pts

Scout squad (5) with CCW, Vet sgt (power maul & melta bombs), Land speeder Storm (Heavy flamer)
/125pts

Lias Issodon will join one of the Sternguard squads, and the Chaplain will join the Vanguard veterans.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I usually stick the Lord Executioner in with my Vanguard assault squad and then throw the jump pack chaplain in with the standard assault squad seeing as he works out as having quite a few attacks which helps buff up an otherwise mediocre squad

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
The Captain adds nothing but a beatstick character to the Vanguard, the Chaplain adds Zealot which helps a ton on the charge.

Now, putting them both in the Vanguard squad.....a lot of yes there. What does your Captain do for the Sternguard?

Disclaimer: I don't know who Lias Issodon is and have no real interest in looking up if he can take a jump pack or what he does at all. Care to share?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lias Issodon is the chapter master of the Raptors Space Marine chapter. He is one of the characters created by Forgeworld for the Badab campaign.

He is an expert marksman (BS:6 instead of normal 5), carries a 30" range boltgun with Salvo 2/4 and has access to the special issue ammo that Sternguard veterans use. He has the Master of Ambush warlord trait, Shrouded, and two other unique traits. Page 8 in this pdf by Forgeworld: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resourc...ge_World_Space_Marine_Badab_Characters_V2.pdf

The Raptors chapter tactics give all non-bulky models Scout, and they also get Stealth on the first game turn. If they choose to remain stationary in the Movement phase, they can fire their bolters, combi-bolters and boltpistols as Heavy 1, Rending. Page 4: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resourc...rge_World_Space_Marine_Chapter_Tactics_V2.pdf

1 - 5 of 5 Posts