Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a double CAD list based on what I have. Not a lot of mobility but a lot of infantry. Any suggestions for improvement would be welcome.

Orks trail (1999pts)

(Combined Arms Detachment) (1495pts)

Warboss (124pts)
Attack Squig, Bosspole, Cybork Body, Da Finkin' Kap, Eavy Armour, Power Klaw, Shoota

Big Mek (99pts)
Bosspole, Gitfinda, Eavy Armour, Shokk Attack Gun

Mek (15pts) [Choppa, Mek's Tools, Slugga, Stikkbombs]

10 Nobz (340pts)
Eavy Armour for Mob, Waaagh! Banner, 3x Big Choppas, 4x Choppas, 3x Power Klaws, 6x Shootas, 4 Sluggas, 2x Bosspoles

10 Tankbustas (145pts)
Boss Nob, Bosspole

30 Boyz (220pts)
Boss Nob, Shoota on the Nob only, Choppas

26 Boyz (196pts)
Boss Nob, Bosspole, Power Klaw, Shoota on the Nob only, Choppas

10 Gretchin (35pts)
Runtherd

Lootas (210pts)

Mek Gunz (72pts)
2x Kustom Mega-kannon, 4x Extra Gretchin

Mek Gunz (39pts)
Traktor Kannon, Ammo Runt, 2x Extra Gretchin

Orks: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (504pts)

Big Mek (85pts)
Kustom Force Field

Mad Dok Grotsnik, Da Painboss (160pts)

30 Boyz (224pts)
Boss Nob, Bosspole, Shootas

10 Gretchin (35pts)
Runtherd

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK thanks for your input guys. I think I will make a few changes. I had a few reasons for the way I did things.

The only problem I have with a Warboss in Mega Armour is the slow and purposeful rule. It kills a foot slogger army. It leaves him and anyone he joins left behind and everyone else more than likely out of range of Warlord traits.

The Big Mek is there for fire support but also to anchor my lootas to mean times have they run off the board turn one.

Mek is there purely to take the first challenge for the Warlord.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you really need Tank Hammers on the Tankbustas? Aren't they a waste of points?

The Shootas on the nobz are there because you don't gain anything from the Slugga and it doesn't cost anything. Not loseing anything anyway.

The Traktor Kannon. I don't understand why people have a problem with this weapon? Possibly one of the best anti air weapons in the game. In a Tournament setting isn't it better to have it than be found wanting. Besides I had problems with FMCs last time I was at a Club Tournament after they took out my Lootas turn 1 and just wrecked me the rest of the game. Am I missing something?

The Big Mek with the KFF was to go with the large mob of shoota boyz along with Grotsnik to create a Fearless, 5++ and a Fnp units. Sit them center of the table for a hard to shift unit. An ordinary painboy works for less points but doesn't give Fearless.

Grotsnik like you said has the option for joining the Nobs instead. But I might just drop him.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah it does really help, thanks. I think I'll pick up the supplement today, it seems to have the best stuff in. Although from what I've read, at a sacrifice of other things.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah it really has helped. I think I'll pick up the supplement today, it seems to have all the best stuff. Although at a sacrifice of other things.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is Ghazghkull worth taking now as a warlord? I know you can make an equivalent for cheaper points. And I know Mega Armour is no good for a foot slogging army, but with multiple transports is he worth it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok so I tweeked my list a little bit. Taken some of your advice and rebuilt. Some more suggestions would be helpful.

(Combined Arms Detachment) (1330pts) ++

+ HQ (165pts) +

Big Mek (95pts) [Bosspole, Gitfinda]
····Basic Ork Armour [Choppa, Shokk Attack Gun]

Weirdboy (70pts) [Power of the Waaagh!, Psyker Mastery Level 2]

+ Elites (420pts) +

Meganobz (245pts) [Boss Meganob w/ Killsaws, Meganob w/ Twin-linked Shoota, Meganob w/ Twin-linked Shoota]
····Battlewagon [Big Shoota]

Tankbustas (175pts) [9x Tankbusta]
····Boss Nob [Bosspole]
····Trukk [Big Shoota]

+ Troops (295pts) +

Boyz (160pts)
····Boss Nob [Bosspole, Power Klaw, Shoota]
····19x Boy [19x Slugga]

Boyz (135pts)
····Boss Nob [Bosspole, Choppa, Slugga]
····19x Boy [19x Slugga]

+ Heavy Support (210pts) +

Lootas (210pts) [15x Loota]

+ Lords of War (240pts) +

Ghazghkull Thraka, the Beast of Armageddon (240pts) [Attack Squig]

(Great Waaagh! Detachment) (670pts) ++

+ HQ (180pts) +

Big Mek (130pts) [Gubbinz: Big Bosspole, Gubbinz: Mega Force Field]
····Basic Ork Armour [Choppa, Slugga]

Painboy (50pts)

+ Elites (245pts) +

Meganobz (245pts) [Boss Meganob w/ Killsaws, Meganob w/ Twin-linked Shoota, Meganob w/ Twin-linked Shoota]
····Battlewagon [Big Shoota]

+ Troops (245pts) +

Boyz (210pts)
····Boss Nob [Bosspole, Choppa, Shoota]
····27x Boy [27x Shoota]

Gretchin (35pts) [10x Gretchin]
····Runtherd [Grabba stik]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts