Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had the Necron codex for a little while now and I've been working on a list I hope to be a bit on the competitive side.

Decurion Detachment
Reclamation Legion
Nemesor Zahndrekh
10 Immortals w/ Night Scythe
20 Warriors
10 Warriors w/Ghost Ark
10 Warriors w/Ghost Ark
5 Tomb Blades w/5 Nebuloscopes
Total 1120pts

CAD
Hq- Illuminor Szeras
Troops- 10 Warriors
Troops- 10 Warriors
Fast Attack- 6 Canoptek Wraiths w/ Whip Coils
Heavy- Triach Stalker
Total 872pts

So a problem I forsee is not having any real armor penetration or antiair support.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
The Decurion needs at least one additional Formation other than the Reclamation Legion, unfortunately.

I really don't like Immortals since Tomb Blades are just so much better, but since the Legion forces you to have them there's not an awful lot you can do about it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Edited army list

Decurion Detachment
Reclamation Legion
Nemesor Zahndrekh
10 Immortals w/ Night Scythe
20 Warriors
10 Warriors w/Ghost Ark
10 Warriors w/Ghost Ark
5 Tomb Blades w/5 Nebuloscopes
Total 1120pts

Canoptek Harvest
1 Canoptek Spyder w/ fabricator claw array & gloom prism
6 Canoptek Wraiths w/ whip coils
9 Canoptek Scarabs
Total 443pts

CAD
HQ Illuminor Szeras
Troops 10 Warriors
Troops 10 Warriors
Total 370pts

So a problem I forsee is not having any real armor penetration or antiair support.

·
Registered
959 Posts
You also still need atleast 2 troops for the CAD to work. The best way to field a decurion and a CAD would to use either Flayed Ones or Deathmarks as the mandatory formation, so then you have about 800~ points for a CAD.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I would potentially cut the unit of 20 warriors and you can then add 2 barges to the CAD (or a triarch stalker) Then cut the gloom prisms, as they largely do very little, most people often use blessing and its easy to target around the gloom prisms making them irrelevent, give the tomb blades shield vanes instead, there is surprisingly more AP4 than you initially think, and I have found that a 3+ on them has saved me a lot.

I realise that you probably wanted the unit of 20 for szeras to buff to kingdom come, but if you feel you are lacking on the AT then I would drop them. Alternatively drop just the unit of 10 and take a single barge or triarch stalker?

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
I don't see any anti-armour problems myself, with that amount of Gauss with some Ignores Cover stuff from the Tomb Blades and a big super-tough squad of Wraiths I'm not sure where the lack of anti-vehicle comes from.

I like squads of 20, they seem a *total* pain in the ass to remove, and also allow you to spread Zahndrekh and Szeras' ability over more board area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts