Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is one of my first tries at a Lizardmen list. The deployment would be the Slann/Temple Guard in between the two Saurus units, with Skink priests on the sides of those, the Cavalry with the Scar-Veteran on one flank and the Razordons holding the other with the Skirmishers. The Terradons are there for War Machine hunting/march blocking. Chameleons similar role, march blocking and being a nuisance. I can easily change anything in the list except the Slann and 8 of the Temple Guard (they being the only things I've bought so far.)

LORDS
Slann Mage-Priest 420
Focused Rumination
Focus of Mystery
Plaque of Dominion
Hands of the Old Ones

HEROES
Scar-Veteran 164
Spear
Mirrored Pool Shield
Cold One
Carnosaur Pendant
Light Armour

Skink Priest 140
Level 2 Wizard
Dispel Scroll
Plaque of Tepok

Skink Priest 150
Level 2 Wizard
Dispel Scroll
Cloak of Feathers

CORE
12 Skink Skirmishers 105
Brave
Javelin and Shield

16 Saurus Warriors 206
Full Command

16 Saurus Warriors 206
Full Command

SPECIAL
16 Temple Guard 297
Revered Guardian
Burning Blade
Musician

5 Saurus Cavalry 265
Full Command
Sun Standard

10 Chameleons 126
Stalker

3 Terradons 100
Brave

RARE
3 Razordons 240
3 Skink Handlers

Tell me what you think!

Midnight

·
Registered
442 Posts
If i where you i would drop the saurus cavalry and maybe the skink skirmishers and take 3 blocks of 20 saurus with command and put ur vets in with them and if you have the points take great weapons on ur scarvets 4 punching big stuff

·
Registered
93 Posts
well i think you should drop the caverly, their not bad but their nothing special :/ i would spend the points on another block of saurus :) i would however keep the skinks, but change the javerlins for blowpipes, so much better :) and just a quick question, why 16 in a unit??? oh and GW's for the scar vets is a good idea :)

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
16 models in a box set, damn you GW. I'll change the list when I can access the Excel doc, it's on another computer.

So swap Cavalry for another Saurus unit, put Scarvet in the Saurus unit... Give the scarvet a great wep... Oh and Cheese Master, you refer to Scarevetts. There's only one in the list.

Midnight

·
Registered
93 Posts
ah yes of course, stupid numbers gw :(

·
Registered
312 Posts
I would keep the skirmishers as they will be vital in dropping large targets and just annoying the hell out of your opponent. Do give them the blowpipes. That would be 24 shots at whatever you are aiming at and with the -1 for doubletap, -1 for greater than 6inches, you should be hitting on 6s and poisoning on 6s.

Take away the unit champions(braves/stalker) as they are usually not worth the points. Work in a Skink chief on a terradon with staff of the lost sun (3x str 5 shooting) for sniping magic users/guns. Place him with the terradons.

Try to work in an Engine of the Gods as well. Drop the cloak of feathers on the priest and make sure you take the amulet of itzl on the priest that rides the Engine (this gives him an additional wound +2 ward save on first wound).

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all, one mo...

LORDS
Slann Mage-Priest 420
Focused Rumination
Focus of Mystery
Plaque of Dominion
Hands of the Old Ones

HEROES
Skink Priest 380
Dispel Scroll
Engine of the Gods

Saurus Scar-Veteran 106
Great Weapon
Light Armour
Venom of the Firefly Frog

Skink Chief 120
Terradon
Staff of the Lost Sun

CORE
16 Saurus Warriors 194
Musician
Standard Bearer

16 Saurus Warriors 188
Standard Bearer

12 Skink Skirmishers 96
Javelins and Shields

SPECIAL
14 Temple Guard 284
Full Command
War Banner

3 Terradon Riders 90

10 Chameleon Skinks 120

As you can see, I had to drop loads of stuff to get the EotG. The Skink Chiefs a good idea, thanks. Anything I should change from here?

Midnight

·
Registered
312 Posts
Give the skirmishers blowguns instead of javelins. This gives you a 12 inch range vs the 8 inch range (and the double tap). A good place to shave points if you need to is to drop the unit of chameleons down to 6.

Also remember that javelins are poison as well. For the longest time I did not use them as poison.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I like that javelins are move and fire. If you're being mobile, you're sacrificing the doubletap usually anyway for chance to hit. Replace the Scar Vet GW with a Halberd. Going last is bad, I know you're a lizard, and you go last anyway, but still. Add the Aura of Quetzl to that vet, it keeps him alive in Challenges.

Go to 25 Saurus with spears/11 Saurus w/HW+shield. Better mix of what you've been given. Try and eke out 2 more Temple guard. 16+slann=full +3 rank bonus.

·
Registered
442 Posts
creon droping the gw makes no sense as at i3 they will likely go after most things and the extra s is always worth it and paying a point 4 javalins is stupid as the sheer number of shots the skinks with pipes get means they r likely 2 get a similar number of hits which r just wounds and for survivability prefer the glyph necklace and bane head

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
If you don't think dropping the GW is worth it, don't do it! Suggestions are what *I* would do, just advice. I don't like the modifier that makes poison ineffective with the skinks. Move, shoot, long range - 6/4. No poison, since "6" doesn't wound. If you're lucky to get to short range, you throw 24, hit with 4 "6". With Javelins, get to 8", throw, no long range, no move penalty, hit on a 4, wound on a 6 always. Throw 12, hit with 6, 2 poison. Four more chances to wound, against T:3 same number of wounds. It's only effective to have darts when you are not moving at close range. Which happens less often to me than I'd like.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Its at least worth the shot, especially with large targets. I really dont like how you built the skink priest on the engine. your still pretty much a suckish skink, just got a big monster. Make him Level 2, then with the Engine youl become Level 3 and have better control over magic. Also, I agree and disagree with Creon about the GW. I sometimes take it because it makes him all the more scary, plus with T5 im never really worried about being wounded severely. But having all of that will put him in a dangerous position. You do need a ward save to help him stay alive. He can handle some but not alot. Plus the Skink Chief is going to die and die fast. It only has a 6+ armour save. Pretty much the moment hes in combat he drops. At least give him armour. Also, you should imo drop some chameleons or split them into two groups of 5, more maneuverable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts