5 marauder horsemen, flails -75

15 marauders, light armour, shields, full command- 130

15 marauders, flails, shields, full command- 115

Special

20 Beast herd Full command, 12 gor, 8 ungor- 151

20 Beast herd Full command, 12 gor, 8 ungor- 151

See less See more
#2 ·
Whoah, that’s a lot of hitty goodness in your Lord/Hero selection. Does this list depend upon the models you currently have? If it does, we’ll need to know. If not, well there are a few things that strike me as a possible problem.

Warriors, while very good statwise, are very slow for an army that MUST get into combat as soon as possible in order to win. These two units are too small and too slow to really be of much use, and are quite expensive for ‘backup’ units. The Marauder Horsemen are great, but consider giving them a Musician as their only command upgrade. It really does make them that much more useful. The Marauder Infantry should be kept as cheap as possible. Don’t spend the points on a unit Champ or Standard, but the Musician is still a good buy. The Champ and Standard are too expensive for a unit that can only really win by combat resolution. Giving up the 100 victory points for the Standard when receiving a charge is almost a given. Again, these guys are too slow to really ‘bring it’ to the enemy, and are used best as support units. As for the Beast Herds, well, they’ll be WAY too cumbersome to be very effective. Their low leadership is always a problem. The usually perform best around 14-16 models with a hitty Character tossed in. Though for screening, just the 5/5 formation works best. I’m looking for your primary combat units and only really see lots of support units.

Are you still building?

#5 ·
Dude loose the dragon way to exspenve, infact loose the lord totally take an exalted champion they are cheaper and not much worse save any lord slot for 3000pts+. Maurauders are to squishy for my liking I tend to stick with chaos warrioirs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.