HQ
Librarian with Mastery Level 3

TROOPS
10 Grey Knight Terminators with 2 Psycannons
5 Grey Knight Terminators with Psycannon

HEAVY SUPPORT
Nemesis Dreadknight with Heavy Incinerator, Daemonhammer and Personal Teleporter
Nemesis Dreadknight with Heavy Incinerator, Daemonhammer and Personal Teleporter

SKITARII MANIPLE (gives Scout)
10 Skitarii Vanguard with Omnispex (-1 Cover) and 3 Arc Rifles (24" Str6 AP5 Rapid Fire Haywire)
10 Skitarii Vanguard with Omnispex (-1 Cover) and 3 Arc Rifles (24" Str6 AP5 Rapid Fire Haywire)

Aegis Defence Line with Comms Relay

INQUISITORIAL DETACHMENT
Inquisitor with 3 Servo Skulls

Skitarii Scout forwards and kill tanks, GKT and Dreadknights pile on the pressure from the first turn Deep Strike with the Inquisitor manning the Comms. Easy peasy.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I'm a fan of the Rangers a lot more than the Vanguard. I'd probably do the other way, using 'Fire Warriors' that scout forward. A bit more points, which means trimming out a few terminators, perhaps. Knock the 10-man to a 5-man and then upgrade all the GKs with shiny toys? Or heck, even add in a pair of the lascannon dragoons.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1. I think that Vanguard are a lot better than Rangers for this list - 3 str3 ap5 Radium shots are a lot better than 1 Str4 Ap4 shot on the first turn. I've tried bringing Falchions and Daemonhammers and tpys on the GKT, and it usually means they're a bigger loss when they die - I'm not sure when I've been in a situation where I've really benefited from special melee weapons, and few times where I've wished I'd got one.

2. Ballistarii are certainly a thing that I'd like to include, but at nearly £30 per model? Not a chance.

3. Doubling up the squads to maximise the Arc Rifles is possible, certainly, but 9pts for a Vanguard with Radium Carbine is far from 'dead meat'; the anti-infantry/monster shooting is a welcome addition to the GK, who tend to struggle at killing anything other than AV10/11 with their shooting. They're also cheap enough to act as meat shields for the 4 important guys in the squad - in a 5-man suad, you only have two ablative wounds before you lose Arcs or the Omnispex. Not as big a deal as with the super-expensive Calivers, but still worth bringing in my view.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts