Organ gun 120

Gyrocopter 140

Any thoughts?

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
i want to see space dwarfs
No, you don't. Never, ever again.

But back on topic... it's an interesting setup. I'm a little surprised you're bothering with the quarrellers. I almost wonder if it'd work better to drop shields from your missile troops to make up the points to bump them up to be thunderers.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This was just a setup i was thinking of testing out, Giving the missle troops shields means that if they get charged by something like fast cavalry or flyers they still have a 4+ save and they are not nesseicarily out of the game.

The quarrellers are in there for that extra bit of damage in turn one and also so that my opp can't just sit back with a unit of range 30 guys.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Looks like a pretty good list. I have never personally seen the rune of slowness work but that's just me. If you want to get crazy though, give your quarrellers greatweapons and possibly make them rangers. Also the ROS on the hammerer's is a little weird if you are putting your lord with them. Stubborn and Immune to fear and terror should be enough if you happen to be beat in close combat. Just my opinion here though, hope the list works out for you.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also the ROS on the hammerer's is a little weird if you are putting your lord with them.
I was going to put the lord in with the iron breakers and the battle standard bearer in with the hammerers. I will be playing against a Zombie Pirate army with units of 25-30 fear causing guys in a unit. This way if i lose combat i hopefully wont auto break for being outnumbered.

Was thinking of going with a different list, i'll post it up once iv'e finished tweaking it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Going for the Gyrocopter, organ gun combo this time

Flame cannon wounldn't be too good as his units are unbreakable

·
Registered
428 Posts
Remember though if your lord is with his Hammerers then they become immune to fear and terror along with being stubborn. Rune of Stoicism is a good choice though as you won't be outnumbered and is cheaper than a rune of courage. On the other hand you could replace the rune of slowness with a rune of courage on the BSB and free up enough points to add an engineer with brace of pistols to one of the Bolt Throwers.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I'm a little surprised you're bothering with the quarrellers. I almost wonder if it'd work better to drop shields from your missile troops to make up the points to bump them up to be thunderers
I dont personally ever think its worth it.

Crossbows have a longer range, which I've always preferred to the dubious merits of handguns, and keep in mind that dwarf missile troops with shields are better in h2h than most armies dedicated core h2h units. Nothing ruins an opponants day quite like slogging towards your crossbowman, then getting broken by them after his charge, with stand and shoot of course...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dont personally ever think its worth it.

Crossbows have a longer range, which I've always preferred to the dubious merits of handguns, and keep in mind that dwarf missile troops with shields are better in h2h than most armies dedicated core h2h units. Nothing ruins an opponants day quite like slogging towards your crossbowman, then getting broken by them after his charge, with stand and shoot of course...
I have to agree with panda here, T4 with a 4+save after you have been shot up a bit is a daunting prospect for many units.

The crossbows in this list are to whitttle down my opps fast cav units in turn 1 so when they arrive they won't be holding up my main units for too long

1 - 12 of 12 Posts