Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok people here is my 2000k list vs chaos space/plague marines.

HQ
Dante 1
Master chap 1

Elites
I.Lib. furioso 1
-wings
-shield
II.lib. furioso 1
-wings
-shield

Troops
I.Death comp. 10
-p.w 3
-land raider/crusader
-multi-melta 1
II.assault 5
-melta 1
-thunder hammer 1

Fast Attack
I.Baal pred 1
-heavy bolter 1
II.Baal pred 1
-heavy bolter 1

Heavy Support
I.Vindicator 1
-siege shield 1
II.Vindicator 1
-siege shield 1

i still have 60pts to spare. now if you guys can tear this down and help me on my weak spots that would be great.

·
Registered
438 Posts
You need more troops. in 2000 pts you have 17 total men, only 15 troops. 1 of troop squads will Rage off after something at some point. I assume you're trying to table your opponent with this list, and it's got some punch to it, but if you miss, you're sunk.

I would drop a libby furioso and add in some more troops.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Drop Dante and the Death Company to around 5 for more troops choices. Half your points are in those units and the Death Company will go chase something unless they have a chaplain.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I would drop your second hq unit and bulk out that assault squad, 5 guys on foot are a liability. Try aren't another squad if points allow it.

Secondly, do you really need Dante? He is awesome but expensive, why not switch him out for a regular jump captain? It might not have as much punch but will free up points for more troops.

·
Registered
95 Posts
you neede more assult drop the death company to 5 and drop the second vindicator for a sanguian guard with banner also maybe drop the second dread sure there good but ur using them for suport and you dont have the troops to suport

·
Registered
116 Posts
DC Land Raider is scary like hell. A point sink probably, but scary. I like it.

But you don't have any scoring. 5-man squad plus Dante don't really count. And, since no FNP for them (and even FNP won't help much), your opponent will blow them away easily. If you aren't playing Annihilation, your opponent just needs to kill one unit to end the game with a draw in the worst case for him (most likely, at least).

So I'd advise you to rearrange some fancy stuff like Dante (you're not using him fully now - no Sanguinary guard in the list and you're only delivering a single extra melta to the weak point, with not too much potential for hit-and-running), Dreads anв Baals (not as good as always against plague marines, I'm afraid) into more troops - either assault squads with priests and many power weapons and meltas, or las/plas razorbacks to chew through Plague marines.

Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts