4x Terminators: MoN, power weapons, combi-bolters - 150
Dedicated xport - Land Raider - 235
Fast:

Helldrake: Baleflamer - 170

3x Bikers: MoN, 2x Melta Gun, Combi-Melta - 118

Heavy:

7x Havocs: 4 A/Cs, MoN - 156

2x Obliterators: MoN - 152

1998 points all up here. Plan is to have Eliphas and his terminator retinue in a landraider (expensive i know but worth it i feel) flanked by the bikers. Plague marines to compliment eachother, staying close together and slaying anything that gets close (he'll get cocky) Daemon prince on the ground to start with to put some major pressure on him straight away to then be backed up by oblits and helldrake.

And here is the 2nd list, not sure which one I like more....

HQ:

Chaos Lord: MoN - 80

Typhus - 230

Troops:

20 Plague Zombies - 90

10x Plague Marines: 2x plasma guns, combi-plasma, melta bombs - 285

10x Plague Marines: 2x Melta guns, combi-melta, melta bombs - 275

Rhino - 35
Fast:

3x Bikers: MoN, IoV, 2x Flamers, combi-flamer, power sword- 153

HElldrake: Baleflamer - 170

Heavy:

Land Raider - 230

2x Obliterator: MoN - 152

5x Havocs: MoN, 4x A/C - 130

Fortifications:

Aegis Defense Line w/ quad gun - 100

totalling 1930 points, 70 to spare. Plan is with this army to have the stock lord man the quad gun for BS5 (i fear my opponent will take 2 storm talons) Have my melta marines in the rhino, and have the plasma marines in the raider flanked by the bikers for some support. Obliterators can work with the helldrake, hopefully deepstrike in, kill a hunter/tank and hide behind its carcass for cover until they get support. My wish is to get master of deception trait and drop typhus in with 20 plague zombies to harass him too.

Comments and critisism always welcome. Cheers.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just one comment; If you worry that your opponent will bring several flyers, don't you think that including a bit more anti air could be the way to go?
How do you feel about a Hades Autocannons Forgefiend, and a Herald of Tzeentch? They have worked wonders for me in the anti air department.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you worry that your opponent will bring several flyers, don't you think that including a bit more anti air could be the way to go?
The rules of this battle have been changed in that I will NOT be taking Typhus for this battle, but he won't be bringing Marneus Calgarr either, until next battle. So the list i have made has been a mash of both (no points included as I've added it on the calculator but its not on paper yet)

Termi Lord, chain fist, lightning claw, MoN

D-prince, Black Mace, power armour, wings, MoN

2x 10 Plague Marines, 1 squad w/ 2x plasma and combi-plas, other with 2x flamers + combi-flamer. Both have melta bombs.

10x Cultists

4x Termis, MoN, 4x combi-plas, chain fist, power fist.

Helldrake w/ flamer

5x Raptors, 2x melta guns, combi-melta

5x Havocs, MoN, 4x A/Cs

2x Obliterators, MoN

2x Obliterators, MoN

Aegis Defense Line w/ quad gun.

All up its 1985 points. Where to put 15 points?

My hopes are that my ADL and havocs can take 1 flyer out, leaving just 1 left, which doesn't worry me too much, my helldrake can deal with that with vector strike. So not really a big issue now.

Plan is to raptor-cide a land raider if hes got one, or a hunter. Or basically any tank I feel I need to pop. Risky terminator + lord deepstrike (5 termis with 8x plasma shots im hoping will be enough to save them from immediate threat from infantry), to accompany them will be the 2x 2 obliterator squads, if need be i can drop all 3 squads in close together, 1 oblit squad can wipe a tank/heavy squad nearby, other can lay down plasma fire on the termis target, idea is to soften them up so its not a termi-cide. Daemon prince will start on the field and support/ kill his drop podders and support plague marines/havocs. Helldrake to come on when hunter is dead (if hes got one) and do his job :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
I like it. For some reason I was thinking Storm Ravens instead of Storm Talons. No need to overdo the anti air then!
No idea on what to spend the last 15 points on. More cultists? A power weapon the the flamer squad or Raptors?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts