Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ninja
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a list I came up with for a small tourny on saturday, please help and criticize.

Lords-
Liche High Priest w/ cloak of the dunes 265pt
Tomb King w/ blade of Setep, potion of speed 225pt

Heroes-
Liche Priest w/ casket of souls, Golden ankhra 325pt
Liche Priest w/ Hieratic jar, Brooch of the great desert 165pt

Core-
3 chariots 120pt
3 tomb swarm 135pt
30 Skeleton Archers w/ full command, banner of the undying legion 290pt

Special-
Tomb Scorpion 85pt
Tomb scorpion 85pt
3 Ushabti 195pt

Rare-
Screaming Skull Catapult w/ skulls of the foe 110pt

·
Registered
97 Posts
There's a lack of skeletons in this army maybe get rid of the chariots and add spearmen cause chariots rarely break a unit on the first turn of combat and there's no way they'll survive the 2nd especially seeing as there is no king or prince in the unit I would also get rid of the swarms there utterly useless

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Um, I can't say that there's too much to say - due to the nature of the Tomb Kings, being "lesser Vampires", with an outdated list with overexpensive units, they don't tend to match up.

I can't say much on the characters, other than that they're reasonably solid. You've maxed the allowance, so I can't say much either way.

Undying Legion, eh I'm not a fan of, really. D3 models per turn would be good on something other than WS2 S3 Warriors. An Icon Bearer with it in a unit of Ushabti does reasonably well, but otherwise I'd say drop it.

I'd also drop the Skulls of the Foe. Every army has a BSB now thanks to the rules, and with the average LD9 with a reroll a bubble, Ld8 from the panic check still has a 90% chance of passing. I'd also see if there was a way in which I could max out the possibilities of a second SCC.

Chariots, eh, I hate them if I'm honest. Large base sizes mean that they cannot flank effectively, and lack the hitting power of what they should do - 3D3 S4 hits will do diddly squat against Heavy Infantry, and they're about as tough as a wet towel. I'd put more towards your archers, personally.

Ushabti, I've always said I'm not too keen on them - they cost too much for the equivalent units capabilities, although they're still quite tasty. Tomb Scorps, love them.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Ninja
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just found out that the point total is 2500 so here is an updated list.

Lords-
Liche High Priest w/ cloak of the dunes, tormentor sword, Dispell scroll, Talisman of preservation 340pt
Tomb King w/ Destroyer of Eternities, enchanted shield, Dragonbane gem, light armour 258pt

Heroes-
Liche Priest w/ casket of souls, Golden ankhra 325pt
Liche Priest w/ Hieratic jar, Brooch of the great desert 165pt

Core-
3 chariots 120pt
3 tomb swarm 135pt
30 Skeleton Archers 240pt
8 Light horsemen w/ full command 147pt

Special-
Tomb Scorpion 85pt
Tomb scorpion 85pt
3 Ushabti 195pt
20 tomb guard w/ full command, banner of the undying legion 295pt

Rare-
Screaming Skull Catapult w/ skulls of the foe 110pt

Please note that I only have those plus a Bone giant and 8 Skeleton heavy horsemen to work with.

·
Ninja
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, got back from the games today and as a result on figuring out what units I like and dislike I have to say that the tomb guard, tomb scorpions, casket of souls, Liche priests chariots, screaming skull catapult are keepers. Get rid of the light horsemen and ushabti. Change the weapons on the tomb king.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts