Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Space marines ( 13th Legion/ Ultramarines chapter), tyranids, Drukhari, Custodes, SoS,
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

After speaking to a friend who plays competitive 40k, I come up with the following idea for a custom chapter army list. Take a look and let me know what you think :)

Custom chapter- Celestial Spears
Chapter Tactics: Born Heroes, Tactical Withdrawal
Warlord Trait: Rites of War

Outrider Detachment

HQ (warlord) Master of Sanctity. Primaris Chaplain on bike. Relic- The Emperor's Judgement. Litanies: Canticle of Hate, Exhortation of Rage, Litany of Faith
HQ- Captain on bike- Storm shield, thunder hammer. (Additional Stratagem-Hero of the Chapter- The Imperium’s Sword)

Fast Attack- Bike Squad x6. 2x Melta Gun, 3x Chainswords, Sgt, Lightning claw
Fast Attack- Bike Squad x6. 2x Melta Gun, 3x Chainswords, Sgt. Lightning claw.
Fast Attack- Attack bike Squad x3. 3x Multi-Melta.
Fast Attack- Land Speeder Tornadoes x3. Multi-Melta x3, 3x Assault Cannon

Elite- Relic Contemptor- Twin Kheres Assault cannon.

Patrol Detachment-

HQ Phobos Lieutenant- 80 Hero of the chapter Stratagem- Lord of Deceipt (Vanguard WL trait)

Troop- Infiltrators x 10- Comms Array. Combat Squads(?)
Troop- Intercessor x5, Sgt- Chainsword. Bolt Rifles.
Troop- Intercessor x5, Sgt- Chainsword. Bolt Rifles.

Elite- Company Veterans x3. 2x Grav Guns. 1x Power Sword. 3x Storm Shields

Heavy Support- Eliminators x3- 3x Las fusils.

Total points- 2000pts
Total CP remaining- 6CP

The idea behind the list is for the faster units from the primary detachment to push upfield and get the objectives and secondaries ASAP. The anti tank options in the force will deal with anything T6/ multi wound targets, while the rest of the troops in the patrol detachment will hold the back line and gradually move upfield to secure the deployment zone.

The phobos Lt will give his buff to both the infiltrators and the eliminators, with the company vets shadowing the Lt to give him some survivability. The contemptor will cover the flank laying down anti infantry fire when required.

The Lt with the Lord of Deceipt Stratagem will allow the combat-squad infiltrators (if I decide to do so) to redeploy where required.

The captain is a smash unit, so will provide the muscle in combat when needed, while the chaplain will offer his buffs and warlord trait to the frontal forces in the early game.

I know its a risk to run my warlord up into the face of the foe early on, but hopefully will make the enemy think twice and question their own tactics, playing to the strengths of my army.

Anyhow c&c's are all welcome :)

·
Registered
Space marines ( 13th Legion/ Ultramarines chapter), tyranids, Drukhari, Custodes, SoS,
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I really want to participate, is this still up ?
Hi, I ran this list against a friend with a pretty competitive daemon engine list, would likely swap out the company veterans for eradicators I think, but would need to change the list slightly to suit. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts