Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys i have a few questions.

First, I have 205 pts extra space on my list, should i take a 5 man assault term squad, or another dread, the list is below.

Vulcan-190
Chap w/ jump pack-115
10 man tac w/ rhino, pwep mmelta, flamer-220
10 man tac w/ rhino, pwep mmelta, flamer-220
5 man tac squad-90
5 man scout squad w/ ls storm-125
dred w/ hflamer and mmelta and pod w/ locator-160
5 man term assult squad-200
Redeemer w/ storm bolter-250
10 man assult squad w/ 2flamers and pwrwep-225

What shouls i put on my scouts in the ls storm?

Any other advice would be awesome

·
Registered
155 Posts
rhinos would be awesome.

drop the power weapons on the tac marines. they arent for assaults really. its just not worth it.

i would make the assault termies 10 man with all TH + SS and add some LS with MM+HF.

also why scouts in LSS? just take rhinos on the tac squads and a scout squad for your home objective. scouts arent really killy enough to put in a fast moving thing to try and capture an objective. and if your just going to contest you dont need to be troops.

you should have vulcan protected some what with a rhino or something. maybe with sternguard with combi flamers and combi meltas. (in a rhino.)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I would give one of your Tac squads a ML for range. Its not likely that you will be moving both squads at the same time. The 5 man tac squad is a waste. Bump it up to 10 and give it the ML flamer or MG and let is sit on the objective. There are a about 70 points.

I took out a squad of immortals with a storm squad so yes take them. They might die but its fun to play. I run a MM on the storm, and a combi melta/PF on the Sgt and BP/CCW on the others. The LSS and SGT actually live the whole game.

Add a few more termies and Vulkan to the assault termies.

I would add a TH to your assault squad.

Those are my suggestions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts