Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
im playing a 2000pt game at the weekend and was wondering what the best ork army to squash tyranids would be, could some one tell me what the best combination would be

·
The Apathetic Sociopath
1,039 Posts
This one is pretty tenacious and killy/shooty. :victory:

NidSlayer2000

HQ: 215

Mega-armoured Warboss: Mega Armour; Stikkbombs; Attack Squig; Bosspole; Cybork Body; Power Klaw; Twin Linked Shoota

Big Mek: Kustom Force Field; Choppa

Elite: 495

Lootas x 11

Lootas x 11

Lootas x 11

Troops: 883

Meganobz x 5: Mega Armour; Stikkbombs; Power Klaw; Twin Linked Shoota; Shoota/Skorcha Kombi-weapon (x2)
Battlewagon: Armour Plates; Deff Rolla; Red Paint Job; Big Shoota (x2)

Boyz x 19: Nob w/ PK&BP (KFF goes here)

Boyz x 20: Nob w/ PK&BP

Boyz x 20: Nob w/ PK&BP

Gretchin x 19: Runtherd

Heavy Support: 405

Total Cost: 1998

OBGOG

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
i dont have that many lootas but would this work:
HQ - 310
Ghazghkull - 225
Big Mek, Kustom force field - 85

Troops - 960
20 Slugga Boyz, nob with PK and Boss Pole - 160
20 Slugga Boyz, nob with PK and Boss Pole - 160
11 Shoota Boyz, nob with PK and Boss Pole - 106
Trukk - 35
11 Grots, Runtheard - 44
8 Meganobs - 320
Battlewagon, Deff Rola, grot Riggers, Armour plates, 2 Big Shootas - 135

Elites - 330
8 Burna Boyz - 120
7 Lootas - 105
7 Lootas - 105

Heavy Support - 400
2 Battlewagons, Deff Rola, grot Riggers, Armour plates, 2 Big Shootas - 135 each
Battlewagons, Deff Rola, grot Riggers, Armour plates, Big Shootas - 130

Total = 2000

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
also im thinking of starting a hord army would that work against nids and what should it have in it

·
The Apathetic Sociopath
1,039 Posts
3 words, DAKKA, DAKKA, DAKKA! Shoot the Gaunts and Stealers before they can assault and don't let them get the charge. You then can take out his MCs. Run your Boyz behind your Kanz under the KFF bubble. Run your Warboss with a Boyz mob and assault with them. Use the Grots as meatshields for your flanks or objective holders. Put your Lootas in cover. Heres an example of Nid slaying, footslogger list. :eek:k:

Nid Hump 2000

HQ: 255

Warboss: Attack Squig; Cybork Body; Warbike; Power Klaw; Shoota/Skorcha Kombi-weapon

Big Mek: 'Eavy Armour; Cybork Body; Kustom Force Field

Elite: 450

Lootas x 10

Lootas x 10

Lootas x 10

Troops: 889

Shoota Boyz x 30: Nob w/PK&BP

Gretchin x 20: Runtherd

Deff Dread: DCCW (x3); Skorcha (x1)

Killer Kans x 3: Grotzookas (x3)

Total Cost: 1999

OBGOG

·
Registered
111 Posts
want to beat nids? green tide is the best but in the new codex have given mutch high assult and cheap large blast so you need something like deffkoptas that kills those things and a dread shoud be great to assult big gount squads and buggies to block your enemies big squads and make it easy for your dread to assult.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
want to beat nids? green tide is the best but in the new codex have given mutch high assult and cheap large blast so you need something like deffkoptas that kills those things and a dread shoud be great to assult big gount squads and buggies to block your enemies big squads and make it easy for your dread to assult.
would this work against a large amount of MC

(sorry for the double post)

·
The Apathetic Sociopath
1,039 Posts
also im thinking of starting a hord army would that work against nids and what should it have in it
3 words, DAKKA, DAKKA, DAKKA! Shoot the Gaunts and Stealers before they can assault and don't let them get the charge. You then can take out his MCs. Run your Boyz behind your Kanz under the KFF bubble. Run your Warboss with a Boyz mob and assault with them. Use the Grots as meatshields for your flanks or objective holders. Put your Lootas in cover. Heres an example of Nid slaying, footslogger list. :eek:k:

Nid Hump 2000

HQ: 255

Warboss: Attack Squig; Cybork Body; Warbike; Power Klaw; Shoota/Skorcha Kombi-weapon

Big Mek: 'Eavy Armour; Cybork Body; Kustom Force Field

Elite: 450

Lootas x 10

Lootas x 10

Lootas x 10

Troops: 889

Deff Dread: DCCW (x3); Skorcha (x1)

Total Cost: 1999

OBGOG
Burnas on foot wouldn't fair very well. They might get 1-2 shots off before they became roach food. :no:

OBGOG
but the burnas would be in a battle wagon
Your question was about an Ork horde list. I didn't put a BW in the list, hence no Burnas. :eek:k:

Hope those lists helped you. :victory:

OBGOG

P.S. Monstrous creatures? 12 DCCWs, 4 PKs, a juggernaut of rolling thunder, and a potential of 90 autocannon shots per round? Better than a fly swatter and a can of Raid. :grin:

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
The original list posted is one I would consider.

there are 2 things that nidz really struggle with - mech and power weapons. They don't have many ways of destroying vehicles other than assaulting or zoans and nearly the entire army doesn't have invuln saves.

Battlewagons /w deff rollas are great. You can paste his warriors, harpies, doom of malan'tai, etc with them while causing easy wounds to things like trygons/tyrants. Just make sure you're going fast enough that he's going to need 6s to hit you.

Nob bikers are always a good choice. Their guns are great for mowing down the littler stuff and the abudance of klaws helps with the big stuff.

You can always swarm a MC with boyz as well and let the pk do the work.

Nidz are actually a relatively easy fight for Orks - my only advice would be to deal with the tervigon as guants with FNP that have poison are actually pretty mean when fielded in large numbers.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Burnas on foot wouldn't fair very well. They might get 1-2 shots off before they became roach food. :no:

OBGOG
when you said this i thought u ment my army list as urs doesn't have any burans

By Crimzzen "The original list posted is one I would consider.
there are 2 things that nidz really struggle with - mech and power weapons. They don't have many ways of destroying vehicles other than assaulting or zoans and nearly the entire army doesn't have invuln saves.

Battlewagons /w deff rollas are great. You can paste his warriors, harpies, doom of malan'tai, etc with them while causing easy wounds to things like trygons/tyrants. Just make sure you're going fast enough that he's going to need 6s to hit you.

Nob bikers are always a good choice. Their guns are great for mowing down the littler stuff and the abudance of klaws helps with the big stuff.

Nidz are actually a relatively easy fight for Orks - my only advice would be to deal with the tervigon as guants with FNP that have poison are actually pretty mean when fielded in large numbers."

great tips however the i know for a fact that the nid player uses a tyranofex with a strength 10 wep what would u sugest i do against that???

P.S. how do u do double/more than 1 quote:unsure:

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
By Crimzzen "The original list posted is one I would consider.

Nidz are actually a relatively easy fight for Orks - my only advice would be to deal with the tervigon as guants with FNP that have poison are actually pretty mean when fielded in large numbers."

great tips however the i know for a fact that the nid player uses a tyranofex with a strength 10 wep what would u sugest i do against that???

P.S. how do u do double/more than 1 quote:unsure:
I believe that it's only 2 shots and bs3. So you're going to be looking at 1 hit on average. against your battlewagons, he's still going to need a 4+ to do anything and you should have Kustom Force Field somewhere in there... So really, its not much to worry about. If you take nob bikers, you should be turbo-boosted when out of combat so the 3+ cover should help if he decides to target those. Otherwise, make use of LoS blocking terrain.

To quote more than 1 person, use the multi-quote button. Make sure the last person you want to quote you use the actual quote button.

·
The Apathetic Sociopath
1,039 Posts
"when you said this i thought u ment my army list as urs doesn't have any burans."

No prob Mad Ork. It's all good. A 4 Battlewagon list is pretty freakin krumpy but a Warboss biker and some Nob bikers are death on wheels. In the first list you could easily replace the mega armor Warboss and Meganobz with the biker Warboss and his Nob bikers.

OBGOG

·
The Apathetic Sociopath
1,039 Posts
I myself use the Forge World model but you could convert a regular warbike by using a nob body, warboss head and a powerclaw or different bits from stores on eBay.

OBGOG

1 - 18 of 18 Posts