Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
324 Posts
unless you really really want all your guys in TDA, the most efficient way of running Logan Wing is actually taking advantage of the fact that you don't have to give all the guys TDA, but can give it to some of them. the other advantage of logan wing is being able to spam missiles, by using units of 4 PAWG and one TDAWG (heh, t-dawg) with cyclone launcher and PF. Then you can give a couple of pawg guys a power weapon, and give them all combiweapons. That gives you a really versatile unit that can do lots of stuff, doesn't necesarily need a transport, and can really be buffed with logan (in fact what you can do is make one unit that is 10 man so you can have 2 CML guys which together with logan's USR-o-matic gives you 4 relentless lascannons. (well, ap3, but the difference when shooting at vehicles is nothing)

I'm thinking about running a logan wing soon-ish, and what inspired me is the list that Chumbalaya has been running. the list is here.

In any case, if you really want to stick with the LRs you can still do that, but I would make 2 changes. first, get LRCs, since they are better at rushing forward and delivering the assault elements than godhammers. Second, seriously consider making a 10 man strong PAWG unit to stick logan in. it gives some pretty scary shooting, and logan makes it so that they're pretty scary in CC as well, so you can walk them forward while shooting as the 2 raiders run forward. you can get the points for that by optimizing the costs of the guys in the raiders. The idea is that if you kill them hard enough, it doesn't matter what your save is. you can do with only a few (read: one, MAYBE 2) TDAs in each unit.

· Registered
324 Posts
mark of the wulfen is useless on TWC - they have base 4 attacks, so 4 times out of 6 you'll be worse off. If you want wound allocation, give one of them a boltgun which is free and will screw you much less.

I'd consider getting rid of one TWC in each squad and using those points to get some lone wolves with Chainfist and SS (in TDA ofc). That will add targets to your army which can't get ignored, take a lot of effort to drop, and can advance slowly along with the rest of your guys. what you want with TWC squads anyway is to deliver S10 PF attacks, and you can't get more than one per squad anyway.

I still recommend that you make one squad of WG 10 man in order to take advantage of Logan's USR giving ability. having 4 relentless S9 guns during your turn, and preferred enemy during your opponent's turn generates a threat level much larger than having 2 smaller units. Also, the way you have it right now, you can't have CMLs on your 2 4 man squads, since you need at least 5 men to get one heavy weapon.

Otherwise I think it looks much better now, just a few tweaks need to be made imo

hope that helps,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.