1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi this is my core 2000pt army list.

H.Q.
Company Command Squad (260)
company commander (power weapon, las pistol, frag,krak,melta bombs)
4 Veterans (medic, standard, voxcaster, meltagun)
Astropath
Officer of the Fleet
Master of Ordinance
2 Body Guards

TechPriest (meltabombs) (50)

Troops
Veteran Squad (grenadiers) (192)
Sergeant (Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol, frag,krak)
9 Veterans (meltagun, Voxcaster)
Chimera (heavy Bolter, Heavy bolter, Dozer blade)

Veteran Squad (grenadiers) (192)
Sergeant (Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol, frag,krak)
9 Veterans (meltagun, Voxcaster)
Chimera (heavy Bolter, Heavy Flamer, Dozer blade)

Infantry Platoon
platoon command squad (105)
platoon commander (power weapon, las pistol, frag, krak, melta bombs)
4 Guardsmen (meltagun, medic, standard, voxcaster)

infantry squad (75)
sergeant (meltabombs)
9 guardsmen (plasmagun, voxcaster)

infantry squad (75)
sergeant (meltabombs)

infantry squad (75)
sergeant (meltabombs)

heavy Weapon Squad (75)
3 heavy weapon teams (autocannon)

heavy Weapon Squad (75)
3 heavy weapon teams (heavy bolter)

Fast attack
hellhoundsquadron (130)
banewolf (multi-melta, smoke launchers, dozerblade)

rought rider squadron (70)
sergeant (power weapon, meltabombs)
4 deathriders

Vendetta gunship squadron (130)
vendetta

Heavy support
hydra flak tank (75)

leman russ squadron (195)
leman russ battle tank (lascannon, sponson heavy bolters, dozer blade)

leman russ squadron (195)
leman russ battle tank (lascannon, sponson heavy bolters, dozer blade)

comes to exactly 2000pts so what do you think

·
4,491 Posts
First things first, id maximize your special weapon slots on your Vets with all Melta/Plasma, and all of your Chimeras should have ML/HF.
Also, your infantry squads should all have a HWT in them, seeing as you are attaching HWS's to them. Autocannons are generally preferred over HB's for obvious reasons.
Last but not least, id drop the dozer blades.

Make those changes if you wish, and see where your list stands after that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i prefer my infantry squads with just special weapons so that they can stay on the move and notlose out on men to HWT and to use HW squads to concentrait there firepower.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I like your list,:grin:
except for the gunship....I hate flyers!
And the rough riders, poor little ponys.
Take them out and you could fit in another Leman Russ.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
The list has some good Units, but I see too many points spent in the wrong places...PW's, Doctrines, BG's. I would spend those points on a 2nd Hydra myself.

Not a fan of some of the Chimera builds but it depends on enemy faced in some cases..ML/HF is the best all-round build.

I can see better ways to spend the points that the RR's and Techie cost..RR's don't fit my idea of a Mech unit (even a hybrid one like this), and Techpriests don't achieve a whole lot most times, nice and fluffy though.

Still, we're all different, best of luck with it:victory:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the chimeras now have auto cannons except the heavy flamer/ heavy bolter for the command squad.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
It's just a standard AC and they are a 5 pt upgrade in an Armoured Battlegroup list..depending on who you talk to some say that it's broken to have Chimeras with AC's, especially at a cheap cost, but it was a bit of a wtf moment when AC's weren't included in the Codex.

They're the same cost for an Inquisitorial Chimera as well.

I don't have any of the new model Chimeras so don't know, but they fit easily onto the old Chimeras because the AC Turret just has a knob that fit into the hole...the new Chimera might have a different set-up (male/female ring thingy) so would mean some conversion work would need to be carried out.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
I don't have much advice for you mate because I'm starting out with guard too, so I'm still learning as it were, but I did notice that you gave your company commander krak grenades and melta bombs, this is over kill because they both serve the same purpose busting tanks (the only difference being that melta bombs do it a hell of a lot better), so I'd pick one or the other, preferably the melta bombs.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the squad gets krak and the command is the only one who gets the melta bombs so i prefer to use them both so that it not just the commander trying to kill tanks. i have not met any one who dose not like having autocannons on chimeras and they are in IA7 so i can use them at the events i go to at warhammer world.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
the squad gets krak and the command is the only one who gets the melta bombs so i prefer to use them both so that it not just the commander trying to kill tanks. i have not met any one who dose not like having autocannons on chimeras and they are in IA7 so i can use them at the events i go to at warhammer world.
I went and checked my codex and sure enough you're right, it's amazing the little things you can forget sometimes, my bad.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts