Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, while i'm working on my blood angels making them nice and purdy, im gonna use my orks at this upcoming tourny. this list is meant to overrun and kill. so please, any questions, comments or concerns would be awesome. Thanks :good:

HQ
Warboss w/ PK, EA (eavy armour), CB (cybork body)
100pts
Goes with nobz sqd in the trukk
Big Mek w/ KFF
85pts
Goes with shoota sqd to provide cover to the other units until they get to CC

Troops
5 Nobz w/ painboy upgrade, Waaagh! banner, PK, EAs (except painboy), CBs, Trukk w/ RPJ, GRs
275pts
With warboss. used mostly for counter assaults and just my army strong arm

25 S/C boyz w/ 2 RLs, nob upgrade, bosspole, PK
210pts
210pts
210pts
25 Shoota Boyz w/ 2 big shootas, nob upgrade, bosspole, PK
200pts
main body

12 S/C Boyz w/ nob upgrade, bosspole, PK, Trukk w/ RPJ, GRs
157pts
12 S/C Boyz w/ nob upgrade, bosspole, PK, Trukk w/ RPJ, GRs
157pts
objective claimers, counter assault units

Deff Dred w/ x2 Rokkit Launchas
95pts
Not sure what he will do, but he will sit behind troops and shoot stuff. plus i just like him

Heavies
2 Killa Kans w/ Rokkit Launchas
100pts
100pts
100pts
Used mostly for RLs and to prevent enemy flank charges

1999pts

So thats my list. No real strat other than what ive mentioned. i will basically line all the boys up, with the trukks and dred behind them for counter charges and kans on the side to prevent flanks. the trukks might also deploy infront to run ahead and tie up units, thats up to who i face. Tell me what you think.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
wow.... i managed to screw up the title. sorry, that should say 2000pt Highly Competitive Green Tide Goffs. not greed. my bad :alcoholic:

*EDIT* and of course the internet is being glitchy tonight so its double posting now.. i cant win for losing tonight :cray:

·
Curiouser and Curiouser
803 Posts
I feel like a greentide list should not have the trukks and should be primarily about 30 strong mobs of boyz (something like 2x30 shoota and 2x30 slugga/choppa). This would be accompanied by the Killa Kans providing cover saves from the front and the KFF mek giving the Kans cover saves too.

So as far as editing your list goes I would think about dropping the deff dread or giving him 2xDCCW instead of the rokkit launchas. Race him up the field and let him act as a distraction if you must. I would then drop the trukk boyz and the trukk nobz to free up some points to do one of a couple different things. So with those points you could think about using a small squad of nob bikers to race up ahead and harass while your mob marches forward (with the warboss on a bike too). Adding some lootas squads would help too to pop transports and provide more long ranged dakka to your tide.

Hope this helps and good luck on the list!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the input. I like alot of your ideas so ive made a new list accordingly. Tell me what you think:

HQ
Warboss w/ PK, EA (eavy armour), CB (cybork body), warbike
145pts
Goes with nobz sqd
Big Mek w/ KFF
85pts
Goes with kans to provide cover for them while the kans provide cover for the boyz

Troops
5 Nobz w/ painboy upgrade, Waaagh! banner, PK, EAs, CBs, warbikes
275pts
With warboss. used mostly for counter assaults, running ahead to deal with dangerous units and just my army strong arm

30 S/C boyz w/ 3 RLs, nob upgrade, bosspole, PK
250pts
250pts
250pts
26 Shoota Boyz w/ 2 big shootas, nob upgrade, bosspole, PK
206pts
206pts
main body

Heavies
100pts
100pts
100pts
Put out front to provide cover while getting cover saves from the KFF

1997pts

Tell me what you think. It does feel alittle more like a green tide list now, 150+ model count. :good:

·
Registered
466 Posts
i like this list, just a couple of things:
1.take off the rokkits from slugga boyz, they want to run to the enemy, not stand and shoot down tanks.
2.take off EAs from both the warboss (who may need an attack squig) and the nob bikers, it's totally useless since they already get 4+armor from the bikes
3.just personal opinion but i'd drop 1boyz mob for some lootas or more bikers, after a certain limit i find that u'll be forced to pack ur boyz and suffer much more from area weapons, so 3x30 is the max i'll use in green tide (just personal)

·
Registered
325 Posts
HQ
Warboss w/ PK, EA (eavy armour), CB (cybork body), warbike
145pts
Goes with nobz sqd
Drop EA warbike already gives 4+ AS, and out of my experience he doesn't give that much extra punch to a Nob Biker squad, they kill everything anyway.
Big Mek w/ KFF
85pts
Goes with kans to provide cover for them while the kans provide cover for the boyz
The Killa Kan Wall tactic, like it use it myself a lot

Troops
5 Nobz w/ painboy upgrade, Waaagh! banner, PK, EAs, CBs, warbikes
275pts
With warboss. used mostly for counter assaults, running ahead to deal with dangerous units and just my army strong arm
Drop EA see Warboss, and give them another Pk for the points of the EA, 2 Pk's will work fine and can still alocate wounds

250pts
250pts
250pts
206pts
206pts
main body
Drop the RL's you don't want to shoot tanks with them and they barely kill a tank so not worth the points, maybe some big shootas they shoot some infantry dead.

Heavies
100pts
100pts
100pts
Put out front to provide cover while getting cover saves from the KFF
Maybe give 1 units Grotzooka's they will shoot infantry to hell, they really make worth their points.

1997pts
I like it and it's a hard army to beat with so many boyz, though it needs some changes it's a really good list

·
Registered
466 Posts
@The-graven: i think the warboss in a nob bikers squad is a must, it helps a LOT to allocate on him str8/9 shots instead of instakilling a nob, also u can take feel no pain saves against krak missiles, basilisks/leman russes and similar (str8/9 ap3)

not sold on the big shootas for slugga boyz, they want to run instead 80% of the times

agree on the killakanz and second PK on nobz

@BloodKnight: your nob bikers need cybork bodies imho, it makes them much more survivable especially in close combat against powerweapons/fists

1 - 9 of 9 Posts