Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two 2000pts Tournaments coming up and neither will allow FW.:mad:
HQ
Spirtseer
TROOPS
Unit of 5 Wraithguard in Wave Serpent with TL Scatter Laser & Shuriken cannon
2 Units of 7 Dire Avengers in Wave Serpent with TL Scatter Laser & Shuriken cannon
Unit of 6 Dire Avengers in Wave Serpent with TL Scatter Laser & Shuriken cannon
2 Units of 6 Wind Riders with 2 Shuriken cannon
FAST ATTACK
2 Units of 7 Warp Spiders
HEAVY SUPPORT
2 Fire Prisms with Shuriken cannon
Unit of 3 War Walkers with Scatter Laser & Bright Lance.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Good solid list; few changes though.
1. Change the jetbikes to a 3 man (ill tell you why in a second)
2. Give the war walkers either twin bright lances or twin scatter lasers, dont try do both.
3. Give one of the wraithguard flamers (were losing the 3 jetbikes come in), this is a dangerous unit that when used right, can be deadly.
4. You should have 20 points left over. If I was you I try my best to get holofields on my vehicles. Holos over cannons any day.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is a very solid list the way it is. A good amount of scoring, and a very good amount of shooting.

However, perhaps think of counterassault units, like a wraithknight.

I am also not a huge fan of the fire prism, although some people swear by it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
This is a very solid list the way it is. A good amount of scoring, and a very good amount of shooting.

However, perhaps think of counterassault units, like a wraithknight.

I am also not a huge fan of the fire prism, although some people swear by it.
I been one of them :p. But the wraithknight is great too.

·
Registered
354 Posts
The list looks good, however I disagree with some comments, I think a large jetbike squad will last longer and deal more damage, you lose one bike in a 3 man squad and it's moral check time.

Also I think SL and bright lance is a good option, 4 SL shots and twin linked BL (if SL hits)

I do agree with holo fields, maybe drop 1 dire avenger form the 7 man squad and take the SC off the Prisms as I'm guessing these will be sitting way back on the table out of range?

·
Registered
720 Posts
The list looks good, however I disagree with some comments, I think a large jetbike squad will last longer and deal more damage, you lose one bike in a 3 man squad and it's moral check time.

Also I think SL and bright lance is a good option, 4 SL shots and twin linked BL (if SL hits)

I do agree with holo fields, maybe drop 1 dire avenger form the 7 man squad and take the SC off the Prisms as I'm guessing these will be sitting way back on the table out of range?
That's why you keep them in reserve and then just keep turbo bosting until end game.
It's up too you really, i prefere two of the same guns because I know one gun wont be totally wasted. scatter lasers are great against anything 12 and below but try facing a a guard tank line with them.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I had a tourney the other day, I had x2 8 man jet bike squads with SC, I turbo boosted behind the guard tank line, that armour 10 on the rear was torn to shreds, it also gave me line breaker and I was a few inches from there objective. The joy with JB is they are not a target probity and with the jink and +3 up armour they are quite hard to thin down in 2/3 turns

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow 6 replies and over 200 views! Thanks for all the input. I played a game with this list it was fun, close, and bloody. Played Crimson Fist with 3 centurions with grav guns attached inquisitor with perfect timing, two 5 man units of Devastators one 4 las cannons one 4 missile launchers, and tech marine with thunderfire, staring on board. I started everything but my warp spiders on board. I won the roll but stupidly chose to go second. He landed 2 of his 4 drop pods each with 2 x 5 man tactical sqds. he then destroyed both fire prisms, 2 war walkers, and 8 jet bikes. this put me in a hole I was never able to fully crawl out of. I killed off his tacticals and his thunderfire but it was the centurions that wiped out the wraithguard and spirtseer. My Warp spiders did well coming on from deap strike one unit kill his flier, the other a unit of devastators and a unit of vets. In the end I was down to 4 models and he had about 7. The list made up somewhat for my poor generalship. I agree with some of the comments made and have adjusted my list. First my wave serpents are my most consistent producers of fire power and the biggest targets so I have given them all Holo-fields. Second I feel the need for that scary guy to counter assault, as I don't own a Wraith Knight or Lord I am adding an Avatar. To make room I have had to cut unit sizes and remove Shuriken cannons from all but the Wave Serpents.

HQ
Spiritseer

TROOPS
3 Units of 5 Dire Avengers in Wave Serpent with TL Scatter, Shuriken cannon, and Holo-field
Unit of 5 Wraithguard in Wave Serpent with TL Scatter, Shuriken cannon, and Holo-field
2 Units of 3 Wind Riders

FAST ATTACK
2 Units of 6 Warp Spiders

HEAVY SUPPORT
2 Fire Prisms
Unit of 3 War Walkers with Scatter Laser and Bright Lance

I like the laser lock rule and need twin linking to hit. I will be running the War Walkers with the Avatar as I think they compliment each other. The Jet Bikes and the Warp Spiders will start in reserve they should survive better after I have I chance to thin down the enemy. I will also go first when possible as this really helps with the jink and Holo saves and allows for first blood.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Sorry to hear how it turned out, was this the first time you played eldar?

You were unlucky to get wiped out so quick in the 1st round, with Eldar going first can be key, moving the jetbikes and grav tanks gives you that all important jink save. I learned quickly Eldar's key strength is its mobility, keeping everything moving gives it some survivability and getting large groups of units and transport up and scattered around the board forces you opponent to split his forces, hopefully taking focus off the heavy fire-power at the back. You will quickly find how easy it is to surround your opponent and you can focus your fire power.

The list looks good but i would still recommend 1 unit of 6 jetbikes rather than 2 units of 3. They last longer and can tie up enemy units an extra turn if they are assaulted, not forgetting if you do assault with a 6 man squad you get 18 attacks in the first assault phase because of hammer of wrath. Also that amount of shuriken catapult fire (let alone the cannon) will quickly glance apart the rear armour of most transport

Better luck next time though

·
Registered
96 Posts

Exactly, at 60" range for the fire prism, keep them safely away from everything. Shuriken cannons are medium-too-close range for a Fire Prism. Go for holo fields.

Shuriken cannons are better on Wave Serpents to provide close support to disembarking troops, that does not apply to the Prism.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Played a 3 round tournament yesterday and the army preformed much better than I had any right to expect. First game against Eldar 6 Wave Serpents loaded out just like mine, carrying 2 units each of Wraithguard, Wraithguard with flamers, and Wraithblades with axe and shield, commanded by a Spirtseer. He rolled and got first turn, we started in opposite corners with a large line of site blocking building in the center of the board. His first turn started with him killing 1 Fire Prism and advancing to my right. Facing this I had my 3 Serpents with the Avengers, the Walkers and the Avatar, my Wraithguard moved to the left, last Prism lurked in the back. I reserved Spiders and Jetbikes. I was able to kill off his serpents over a couple of turns. The turning point of the battle was when he charged my Wraithguard with Spirtseer and Walkers with his Wraithblades and Spirtseer. My overwatch killed 3 of 5 Wraithblades. In hand to hand he lost he Spirtseer and another Wraithblade for the cost of 1 Wrathguard. After that my superior firepower, range, and speed allowed me to pick up everything save 1 unit of Wraithblades in the central building. Next Game 2 vs Chaos Space Marines.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Game 2 vs Chaos Space Marines the board was much as the last with terrain evenly scattered and a los blocking piece dead center (they set up all boards this way). The deployment was hammer and anvil he won the roll off and chose to go first. I reserved my jet bikes and warp spiders, scouted my war walkers forward behind the central building. He had 3 units of demon infantry that was very tough to kill, 2 land raiders with 10 marines each, and a flying demon lord. I sacrificed my wraith guard, avatar, and war walkers to slow him down enough to allow my firepower to shoot him down it was close to the end but the firepower did its job and I tabled him turn 5.
Game 3 vs Tau 3 Riptides, 8 Broadsides, 3 crisis suits, and a lot of drones. Same type of board and set up, but I won roll off and chose to go first. It was night fight first turn and with all the intercept I chose to set both Warp Spiders on board behind center building. I was very aggressive first turn drove all tanks, walkers, spiders, and avatar to with in 12" of the Riptides who he placed in the front of his army. The alpha strike was devastating, I killed two of the Riptides out right, and left only 1 wound on the last one. He was never able to recover from this and I ended up tabling him on turn 4.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts