Fortifications
100pt, aegis defence line, quad-cannon

1480pt

HQ
100pt, rune priest
210pt, Grey hunters (10) 2x melta guns, drop pod c/w deathwind launcher

520pt

The tactics will be, belial & terms come down turn one, on a weak flank, and run if there is plasma or low AP blasts around, if not they will use the twinlinked dual flamers to burn the heritics. The two pods on wolves will land near the terms to offer there melta goodness, went for the wolves instead of the normal tacs as if these guys get charged on first turn they SHOULD be the 3 attacks back each (1 base, + 1 for two weapons, +1 for counter attack) as opposed the dark angels get……1 each. The wolves pods SHOULD survive the first turn as the wolves & terms will draw a lot of fire. Then allowing for the deathwind to be used turn 2?
The home plate will be defended by the 2 tac squads, command squad, in the aegis line, using their bolters with the banner of devastation,
The final tac squad in a pod will drop in were it is needed, be it a lone objective or to help do something.

Only problem is were to put the rune priest? He could man the quad gun, but already has living lightning?
What would you drop to gain something for him to join? Thought about 10 fenrisian wolves for 80pt it’s a lot of wounds for him, but also if I need a tarpit infront of my home they dart out and leave priesty there?

Or do I drop the tac squad in pod, for a 6 man longfang squad with missiles (5 off) with a pod that just drops empty? and keep them with the rune priest up high?

·
Registered
164 Posts
well for the wolves and dark angels they are allies of convinience sso there are some restrictions i believe

for the runepriest there are 2 ways to go 1 is get him a bike and go jaws crazy or you hang him back back in a gunline (prencience or something like that) and you take 2 for 1 hq slot so you mag get some ravenwing bikers whit 2 runepriest's that will scare alot of mc's and characters (even lisander will drop trough the ground in 1 go)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HQ
190pt, belial, pw/sb
200pt, command squad, banner of devastation, drop pod
Troop
500pt, Terminators (10) 6x th/ss, 2x dlc, 2x hf/pf
165pt, Tactical squad (10) 1x plasma cannon, 1x multi melta
Fortifications

1320pt

HQ
145pt, rune priest, bike, chooser of the slain, jaws of the world wolf, living lightning
Troops
Fast
112pt, fenrision wolves (14)

677pt

Thought about it a bit more, dropped 1 plasma cannon from each tactical unit, as 4 melta in the front are good, but if something like a landraider, monolith comes past them (For any reason.....mainly their dead) a 12" bubble of melta may be useful.

Your idea regarding the biker rune priest got me thinking, he will need somewhere to stay and a unit of raven wing bikes are out the question due to allies of convenience (They can’t join up) but what about wolves? 14 of them will be able to charge up the table if needed and mangle in combat if needed, or prowl around the flanks using the jotww, and taking hits if required, even if he is called to a challenge, he can bow out and allow the puppies to die in his place.

Also having the priest far enough away from home plate will stop the "allies of convenience" stopping the dark angels from claiming the objective (if it has not been FAQ'ed yet)

Any better? Or is 14 wolves too much and 10 off better?

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
HQ
190pt, belial, pw/sb
You don't have enough Terminator units to warrant Belial, I'd certainly go with a Mastery 2 Librarian instead.

200pt, command squad, banner of devastation, drop pod
Not enough mobile Bolters for this to matter. Remove.

500pt, Terminators (10) 6x th/ss, 2x dlc, 2x hf/pf
Heavy Flamers are bad, change out for Assault Cannons or Cyclone Missile Launchers and split into 2 squads.

Tacticals can only take 1 Heavy Weapon, so drop the Plasma Cannons and take Flamers or Meltaguns. And whatever you do, take a Rhino.

Likewise.

Here, I'd take the squads down to 5-man each with a Missile Launcher apiece if you're going to keep the Aegis Line, but this works too.

Fortifications
Fair enough.

HQ
145pt, rune priest, bike, chooser of the slain, jaws of the world wolf, living lightning
A good choice.

Troops
Drop the Pod, take a Rhino.

Equally, drop the Pod.

To be honest, with these two units, I'd drop the Pods, and take each down to 5-man, take out the Fenrisian Wolves and Aegis Line, and take 4 Razorbacks with Linked Assault Cannons or Lascannon/Plasma Guns, but that's preference.

112pt, fenrision wolves (14)
Bad. Remove.

Midnight

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@ Midnight

Thought about it over the weekend, and what you say is on the whole true. This list is not rounded and is geared towards getting the 1 unit of terms into combat, which gives no tactical benefit if they die too quick. The tactical squads are loaded wrong (1 special & 1 heavy per ten men, I was getting confused with the wolves ability to take 2 special)

I hang my head in shame, and will do a newer list (One that isn't so one sided)

And the allies of convenience is a hard one to explain (I get it, but the local GW manager argued that they were denial units for my men, which I believe, but then argued that they were non-scoring for me even if my troops were no where near them, which is not stated, only in "desperate allies")

I will be back.... :russianroulette:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts