Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here is a list I ran only a few short hours ago against a melta vet heavy IG force. I beat him by 6 kill points woot woot! C&C please

HQ:
Daemon Prince - 200pts
Wings, Warptime, bolt of change, Mark of Tzeentch

Sorcerer - 180pts
Warptime, bolt of change, Mark of Tzeentch
(rides with Zerkers in Landraider)

Elites:
Chaos Dreadnought - 105pts
Multi-melta, Heavy Flamer

Chaos Dreadnought - 130pts
Twin-linked Lascannon, Heavy Flamer

Chaos Dreadnought - 110pts
Plasmacannon, Heavy Flamer

Troops:
8 Khorne Berzerkers - 208pts
Skull Champion, Powerfist
(rides in Landraider)

10 Chaos Space Marines - 280pts
Aspiring Champion, Powerfist, 2 Plasmaguns, Rhino, Extra Armor, Icon of Chaos Glory

10 Chaos Space Marines - 280pts
Aspiring Champion, Powerfist, combi-melta, 2 meltaguns, Rhino, Extra Armor, Icon of Chaos Glory

Heavy Support:
Landraider - 220pts

Predator - 180pts
Lascannon Sponsons, Twin-linked Lascannon Turret, extra armor

Predator - 100pts
Autocannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Twin-linked Bolter
1998/2000

PS: He laughed when he saw 3 CSM dreads, then cried when the only fire frenzy result took out his Valk... lolz double shots with twin-linked Lascannons = dead skimmer hahahaha

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Lol, fuck Imperial guard. You should not have won that. But well done :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well. The guard player had 2 valks with melta/shotgun/demo vets and one chimera with them. his other troops included a 40man blob with priest, commissar and two auto cannons. his CCS had 4 sniper rifles fail. a Hellhound variant and 2 two man squads of leman rus battle tanks along with a few other things I guess he had stuff in reserves too, but it never made the table. it was gawd aweful I will have to post up a battle report but it was nuts. Marbo killed a dread which pissed me off to loss the poor little dread but meh anyway it was nuts pitched battle annilation no objectives just kill each other!!!!

anywho this list is suprisingly awesome since blood rage on the dreas makes them charge the nearest enemy while fire frenzy targets nearest unit. thank god for that!

I'm thinking of runing the list against some BA and SW this weekend anything you guys would really change?

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Nah man, looks crazy fun :D

·
Registered
477 Posts
You are ridiculously lucky those dreads didnt pound something in your own list with all that anti-tank weaponry.. I dont like any long ranged weaponry on chaos dreads but if I did I would have both arms consistent with its roll.. You should go with heavy flamer DCCW or missile launcher/lascannon. Though I would never go with the latter as they far too often destroy your own transports etc..

On a fluff note.. putting zerkers in a transport with a sorcerer makes me ill...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
well for my army "fluff" my zerkers are more like count as zerkers... Think of them as having their minds warped by the Lord of change, warped to the point where they have bursts of fury and aggression towards who ever they are pointed at and are led by the sorcerer to control their outbursts so that they kill the enemy... like trained dogs...

also the only thing those dreads would have pounded was themselves... I fielded them within them closer to eachother than anything else.

·
Registered
261 Posts
For your dreads consider equipping them with missile launchers and have them close to eachother. That way, if you roll fire frenzy you can choose to fire frag missiles and nothing will happen, unless it's the enemy and of course you fire krak missiles.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the problem is that I don't own missile launchers. I like your idea though. I might try that in the future. hmm... but then I might make a bigger mistake and still give them the Lascannons and meltas...

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
The problem is Krak missiles also do shit all to what they fire at... needing 6's to glance a Land raider... lascannons are atleast 5s to glance. And meltas are much better. So i think it's worth the risk.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts