Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I posted a list similar to this below, but I think it got drowned in my other thoughts.... sorry about that

Anyway comments and critiques always welcome

2000pts -1998total

HQ

Autarch - 95
Reaper launcher

Farseer - 155
Mantle, jet bike,
Powers: psychic shriek, primaris for fate and either divination primaris or good runes power if it rolled

Warlocks x4 - 200
Jetbike,

TROOPS
Guardians x10 - 255
Scatterlaser weapon platform
Wave serpent - TL scatterlaser, shuriken cannon, holo fields

Windrider jetbike x6 - 122
2 cannons

2 Cannons

2 cannons

Windrider jetbike x6 - 102

ELITE
Fire Dragon x5 - 255
Wave serpent - TL scatterlaser, shuriken cannon, holo fields

FAST ATTACK
Crimson hunter - 160

Crimson hunter - 160

HEAVY SUPPORT
Fire prism - 125

Fire prism - 125

I chose the mantle seer because I ant my opponent using his ignore cover shots on the farseer who has a 3+/4++ not on the prisms/serpents or the bikes. The warlocks now provide the guardians with different roles depnding on the power- +1save gives me flying termies for mid field, -3 Ld synergies with farseers scream to kill units/MC and works in backfield to push squads into running off the board or away from objectives, primaris is useful for squads at range, +1wound keeps the farseer alive, etc, etc. the bikes without the cannons are either designed to be in your face with a +1 sv warlock or turbo boosting rand the back for late game Objectives so Cannons are useless in both cases

Serpents gang up with jetbikes to take down troops after dropping off their squads. Fire dragons provide good anti heavy tank which l think this list lacks a little.Guardians provide the opportunity for another serpent while providing a backfield scoring unit, a few S6shots and a squad for the autach to hide in. the autach is primarily there for reserves manipulation but has a few BS 5 missiles too as well as making slay the warlord harder for my opponent then the faseer who is begging to be shot.

The crimson hunters are my aa/ antitank. with going second and reserves manipulation there is a good chance of keeping them alive long enough to do their job. fire Prisms task early game is to take out threats to the army at long range ( ignore cover, interceptor, Skyfire etc) then they go for troops or anything else they can.

All comments on my current plan for a 2000 pt list welcome

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I chose the mantle seer because I ant my opponent using his ignore cover shots on the farseer who has a 3+/4++ not on the prisms/serpents or the bikes. The warlocks now provide the guardians with different roles depnding on the power- +1save gives me flying termies for mid field, -3 Ld synergies with farseers scream to kill units/MC and works in backfield to push squads into running off the board or away from objectives, primaris is useful for squads at range, +1wound keeps the farseer alive, etc, etc. the bikes without the cannons are either designed to be in your face with a +1 sv warlock or turbo boosting rand the back for late game Objectives so Cannons are useless in both cases
Most Ignore Cover weapons are S5-6 so are unthreatening to your tanks. I'm really not sold on having a Seer run around by himself. I think he'd do better in a squad of Warlocks. Have you considered dropping the Guardians entirely and simply adding the Autarch to a Jetbike unit?

Serpents gang up with jetbikes to take down troops after dropping off their squads. Fire dragons provide good anti heavy tank which l think this list lacks a little.Guardians provide the opportunity for another serpent while providing a backfield scoring unit, a few S6shots and a squad for the autach to hide in. the autach is primarily there for reserves manipulation but has a few BS 5 missiles too as well as making slay the warlord harder for my opponent then the faseer who is begging to be shot.
The problem with only having one Fire Dragon unit is that it's incredibly obvious what you're going to use them for as soon as you put them on the table. If you're going to use the Jetbikes aggressively then they're going to be vulnerable to being assaulted, at which point you measure up as much worse Tac Marines, even with the Warlock. I think a melee unit of *some* description would be useful to you in that regard, so possibly consider simply lumping the Warlocks into one unit together with the Farseer for a mini council bomb?

All of that said, the list looks fine, if not something I'd play myself. Good luck with it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts