Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an add on to my previous list of 1500pts. please feel free to comment, any help is appreciated :)

HQ -
Reclusiarch (130)

Elites -
Sanguinary priest w/ jump pack, power sword (90)

Sanguinary Guard w/ chapter banner, death masks, power fist (265)

Troops -
x10 Assault squad w/ 2x melta (210)

x10 Assault squad w/ 2x flamer, hand flamer (210)

x9 Death company w/ 2x power axe, drop pod (245)

x10 Tactical squad w/ flamer, missile launcher (170)

x10 Tactical squad w/ flamer, missile launcher (170)

Fast Attack -
Baal predator w/ TLAC, heavy bolters (145)

Baal predator w/ TLAC, heavy bolters (145)

Heavy Support -
Stormraven w/ multi melta, TLAC, hurricane blotters (230)

1995 pts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Deja vu, is this the same one you just posted but with Sanguinary Guard and a Stormraven?

Either way I'm still not sold on Tactical squads, fluff list or not :biggrin:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ye it is, just wanted to know what you thought of the higher point version :)

they take up 340 points. i plan to use them to sit on objectives as the rest of the army charges up.

what would you suggest as a replacement? fragiosos?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Fragiosos, every time. Same points cost even, it's just meant to be :laugh:

Or, you could do a little something like this:

Librarian - ML2, Jump Pack

Reclusiarch

Sanguinary Guard - Masks, Fist, Banner

Priest - Sword, Jump Pack

10 man Assault squad - 2x Meltas

10 man Assault squad - 2x Hand Flamers, 2x Flamers

9x man Death Company - 2x Axes, Drop Pod

5x man Scout squad - Cloaks, Missile Launcher, Snipers

2x Baal Predators - Heavy Bolters, Twin Linked Assault Cannon

Stormraven - Twin Linked Multi Melta and Lascannon

Xenos Inquisitor - 3x Servo Skulls, Rad Grenades, ML1, Force Sword

1994 points, which was a good year for me. Think: Inquisitor has been stationed to a planet that has turned to Chaos/been overrun by Xenos and sent out a distress beacon. The Blood Angels were closest and first to respond and upon arrival in orbit a team of Scouts was sent to rendezvous with the Inquisitor, they were to preform reconnaissance and make ready for a full deployment of ground forces.

Typically I wouldn't include tanks in a thought like this one, but hey. They have Scout, right? Servo Skulls mean that you enemy has to either break formation to deal with them or you don't scatter with Descent of Angels. Three Mastery Level points should ensure that you get a Blessing or two off even against someone with double your points as Deny the Witch on 6's is a bitch to deal with. Since the Scouts/Inquisitor combo will always be in cover, if they get charged the Rad Grenades will help them out as they make the enemy -1 Toughness first round of combat and the Force Weapon on a S3 model might actually get some wounds. For the last 5 points you could always give the Inq Digital Weapons so that get gets a single re-roll on CC to-wound rolls.

And of course, again....I'd rather drop the two Baals, move the Reclusiarch to a Chaplain, and drop a Death Company marine to include two Fragiosos in Drop Pods, but that would push this list into Unbound territory. I'd say this would be a problem for you, but hey: I haven't lost with an Unbound list yet when it faces a Battle Forged list. Too much killy for my buddies to handle.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow ntaw, I'm actually really impressed with that list, especially the story behind it haha.

the best part is that i have almost all the models, however, do you think i could drop the scouts and make more out of the points with inquisitorial henchmen? another few psykers couldn't hurt right? as well as maybe some crusaders for those 3+ invuls?

other than that, really happy with this, thanks a lot :)

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
For sure man, Scouts or Inquisitorial Henchmen work great. Hotshot Lasguns don't overheat and give you cheap as fuck AP3, Crusaders are OK but T3 models don't stand up long in CC even with 3++ saves sometimes. I suggested scouts because that's what I use (I've played a list with a similar theme and won by a landslide) and they, with camo cloaks, can be a real trick to weed out. More ML points are always key if they don't cost you effectiveness. I have found that even when your ML points are doubled by your enemy you can still relatively easily cast Blessings, which are the prime power you want to be casting in this army. I rolled Telepathy and got Invisibility for my Libby Dreadnought: wow that was fun. He rampaged all game, no fucks given despite only having a total ML3 to my opponent's ML6 army. That being said, I'm going to start running Primaris Psykers in my Guard (ahem, AM) detachments to beef that up.

Glad you liked the list :eek:k:

By the way, I lost my first game of 7th yesterday with an Unbound army. Literally came down to me making a couple bad choices by the end, but Objective Secured was what cost me the game by one point. I guess moral of the story: if you go Unbound always err on the side of the phase you can do the most effective damage in. Take no chances shooting if you are certain about CC and vice versa...and don't forget your damn Psychic Phase in T5.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts