Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is so silly. I designed this army thinking it would be pretty easy to beat. Well let's just say I was totally wrong. This army is nuts. It's so fast and hard hitting while at the same time suprisingly durable. Don't ask me how this army doesn't get totally obliterated by armies like mech guard. It's so good. It's been tested against most armies and suprisingly mech guard didn't give it too much trouble.

Heavy Support

stormraven gunship with TL multimelta, assault cannon, and hurricane bolter and extra armor. 245pts
stormraven gunship with TL multimelta, assault cannon, and hurricane bolter and extra armor. 245pts

Troops

10 assault marines without packs with 2 meltaguns and power sword. 225pts
10 assault marines without packs with 2 meltaguns and power sword. 225pts
5 death company 100pts
death company dread with blood talons. 125pts

Elites

furioso dread with blood talons 125pts
furioso dread with blood talons 125pts
2 sanguinary priests with power swords 130pts

HQ

Librarian with unlease rage and the sanguine sword. 100pts
Librarian with unlease rage and the sanguine sword. 100pts

you think you will just swat them out of the sky, but that just doesn't happen. I turbo first turn and shoot a high value target (potms(usually the multi melta at a land raider or something like that)) then you waste your shooting phase trying to bring them down and by turn 2 your army is crippled beyond repair. I hit at least 8 targets at once by turn 2 even with 2 destroyed gunships. Maybe you take out one, hell maybe even 2, but now my whole army is in your face, within assault range, everything basically has furios charge and FNP along with enough melta to rape tanks. PLAYTEST IT!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Interesting...

Has it played against an IG gunline with Hydras?

Has it had the initiative stolen on it or had to go second?

Has it played against a competitive Tyranid build?

I'm not saying I don't agree with you but it is lacking in some areas, namely all those points in just 3 x AV12 transports.

Could you post a battle rep?

Dallas

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's played the gunline=turn 2 tabled. Played mech guard. Didn't table but did win and had about twice as many points left than the guard. It has gone second but honestly that is not a drawback for me. I can always work around that. As for the iniative stolen, no that has not happened, and if it did I would probably lose. This will really mess me up in a pitched battle, but in anything else I just work around it. As for nids, yes to that too. It played both a 6 hive guard army and a 9, but still managed to pull out a win from both. Btw I want you to know that the players I play against do not suck by any means of the word. The player pool where I play(showcase comics) is very competitive so it's not like I am playing inexperienced 14 yo and telling you the list rocks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I thought of a list very similiar, but have not built it. I think most of it's value comes from suprise though. I was faced with a similiar list (where I was actually assualted by most of enemy army on turn one (Dark Angels black/white list), bikes turbo-boosted their scout move, and then fired MM and assualted on turn 1. I was sorely hurt on turn 1 (vanilla marine armored gun line), but by end of turn 2 I had pretty much tabled my opponent.

I have no doubt the army is good and can be effective, but a few things to consider (which stopped me from making the army the first time)

At most, you are going to kill 3 vehicles on turn 1. Then you will be at very close range - everything stronger than a heavy bolter will be able to glance (and then you will be able to be destroyed by "immoblized" result.

Our troops still do not rock. My main opponents are 'nids, chaos marines (slaneesh), grey wolves, and orcs, and I don't really want to charge any of those units on turn 2 (because i will not have had time to soften them up (and with only 3 units I don't think I could afford a more or less even fight, because in the end I will be out of fighters, and my enemy will have 2-3 more untis to hit me with.)

If your enemy knows what to expect (they've seen the list before), they will probably start with everything off the table. (Granted they will come in slightly piecemel, but your big strength is destoying things early and getting in melee range fast)

Another thing the enemy might do is split thier forces (my current BA army has a vindicator, 3 baal preds, 1 furioso drea, 2 dreads, and combat troops with flamers and meltas. If I created 2 groups and split them, you would be able to take out one side, but while you did it I would be shooting you with the other force (could probably take out all of your transports, and then pound on the rest while it foot-slogged across the board.

I am not saying that your list sucks or that I would beat you, I am just pointing out strategies I have seen and used against similair lists, so that you have a chance to consider how you will deal with those situations.

Something else I have learned from experience, be careful about giving DC dread claws. I know it makes him a killing machine, but it did not take my group long to realize that they could control my game completely by moving a landraider near my SC dread. With claws you can't hurt the land raider, which neutralizes the dread for several turns, or forces you to focus alot of firepower on that LR, which means you aren't shooting much else (i know dread has melta, but LR often survive at least a turn or 2 against a single melta, since only destroyed or explodes will free your dread)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Interesting blog I have just started converting my SM army to BAs have Astorath, Lemartes 2 Dreadnoughts, LRR, troops etc up to 2000 pts havent played yet but my friends are trembling in fear. Deep striking land raiders? Not without a locator beacon. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts