Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All,
Here is my first crack with the new codex, attempting a Nidzilla style of list. I personally feel it should have more MC in the form of 1 or 2 tervigons (sadly, I just don't have the models, but I am open to suggestion).

HQ-1 - Flyrant with BS and LW (I know 2 TL Devourers are a better load out, but I modeled him this way and I like the way he looks so I'm stuck with it) - 220pts
HQ-2 - Deathleaper - 130pts (He acts as a distraction unit, and places the -3Ld on enemy HQ)
Troop-1 & 2 - Warriors x 4 with Deathspitters and 1 Barbed Strangler - 185pts each
Troop-3 - Genestealers x 14 with a Broodlord with toxic sacs - 270pts
Elite-1 - Zoanthrope x 2 - 100pts
Heavy-1 - Trygon with Regen & Toxic Sacs - 230pts
Heavy-2 - Carnifex x 2 with Crushing Claws, Toxic Sacs, Regen, Adrenal Glands (just want fleet) - 380pts
Heavy-3 - Dakkafex x 2 - 300pts

I'm thinking that the warriors/zoans hide behind the pairs of fexes as they march up the field. The Deathleaper and Genestealers provide immediate threat by infiltrating them, allowing time for the fexes and warriors to get within killing range. The Trygon pops up from reserve to soak in some wounds, and lastly the flyrant goes around picking off flyers / flankers.

To make it mode Nidzilla, I feel like I should drop the warriors and add a Tervigon, but then you need to have the gaunts to go with it, and I feel that takes away from the 'Zilla' part of it.

Depending on Synapse, I could drop the Zoan's and add Venonthropes to provide the cover as the big baddies move up the field.

Any insights from anyone is much appreciated. :victory:

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
I'd drop one crushing claws carnifex for Old One Eye if you are worried about synapse - he'll boost your fexes to Ld8. But then you'd have to drop Deathleaper, and that might screw up your plans.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
With a few rounds of focussed fire, you'll be out of synapse creatures, and most of your army will bog down. You should upgrade3 the trygon to prime.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I wouldn't bother with toxin sacs on the crusher fexes. They're S10 so you'll be wounding even T8 on a 2 anyway. I'd be reluctant to give them regen too. In fact, if you take regen off the fexes and trygon you should be able to afford two venomthropes (don't have the codex on hand so can't check that). You could hand out some 3+ cover saves with a couple of venomthropes

That genestealer unit is so expensive. I know some people love their stealers, but think of all the things you could do with those points... If you want backfield disruption for that many points (and with all heavy slots full) maybe you could squeeze a pair of harpies in instead. I think they cost somewhere in the region of 140 points but I can't remember

Then again, you'd be way too light on troops if you did that. Maybe a tervigon and some termies instead? You'd be pretty solid for synapse and scoring then, and it adds to the nidzilla theme. If you wanted disruption you could always make some cuts elsewhere and pay to outflank the tervigon

Just ideas anyway. It's always good to see the return of the carnifex in lists!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Stealers, man I love tehm to death, but its an all or nothing gambit. One unit will get picked off the table in seconds. I find warriors to be a liability, they die too fast.

I would get tervigon and gants, and put the genestealer points into more MCs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts