I love chariots...
Very Fast
Multi-charges and multiple assaults
FLUFFY
Balanced deployment no matter preferred or not

·
Registered
194 Posts
Of all mono lists Khorne is my least favoured. Khorne just don't stand out. Slaanesh have high initiative and high number of attacks. Nurgle have high toughness and re roll to wound (often) and fell no pain. Tzeentch are shooting and not much more. Khorne have medium stats and power weapons. Daemons are one of the weaker lists in 40k and going mono god is giving your adversary help in beating you. But enough on the down sides of mono.

I would have the hounds at 15 including Karnak and ad more bletters. All your units that can have the fury of khorne upgrade should as your major weakness in khorne is AV, and with fury rending blows gives D3 extra on the pen throw. Crushers are a must as they are more durable than most khorne. Soul grinders are the only shooting khorne get so 3 of them with phlegm would be good. Skulltaker is not someone I usually take. His only real use is vs nids since they don't have inv saves. Herald of khorne with might and fury is a must since once again you need to pop transports and tanks. Take him on a crusher and see him survive for more than a couple of rounds. Hope some if my thoughts helps.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You have too many Icons. They're a huge point sink and you really don't need many. If you do take them take them on the bloodcrusher units, since they're more survivable than letters and it can help with wound allocation.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The list looks good and fluffy. I second the guy who suggests moving the icons to the bloodcrusher units, the ability to allocate wounds is invaluable and they aren't as squishy as the bletters. As well, as you're already using so many points on the daemon princes I'd recommend swapping one with a bloodthirster to max out your HQ slots. My bloodthirster has always made his points back and with BotBG and Unholy Might hes a handful for both vehicles and infantry. It would also be in keeping with your Khorne theme

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks guys thought about all the ideas and came up with this!

Herald of Khorne: Chariot of Khorne, FOC, BOBG,Unholy Might
Bloodthirster: Death strike, BOBG

12 Bloodletters: FOK, I of C
8 Bloodletters: FOK, I of C

4 Crushers of Khorne: FOK, I of C, CI
4 Crushers of Khorne: FOK. I of C, CI

12 Fleshhounds of Khorne: FOK, Karake

Deamon Prince of Khorne: DF, IH, MOK, DS, BOBG
Deamon Prince of Khorne: DF, IH, MOK, DS, BOBG
Soul grinder of Khorne: Tongue

=1955

Any ideas on how i can use the last 45 points?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Tongue on SG sounds like a brilliant idea until you realise the truth behind BS3. It really isn't worth the points. Stick with Phlegm, Phlegm is good. With the blast yu are going to be targeting troops which means that you aren't wasting the SG's harvester gun either.

Also Khorne deamon princes are pretty weak, they don't have much survivability and you are paying a lot for 1 extra attack. If I were playing this list I would drop both Princes for Soul Grinders with Phlegm. With the Spare points in the list (155 if I've worked this out right) you could get another 9 Bloodletters, or 10 if you can scrape 5 points from somewhere.

Deathstrike is also not really worth it, it's alot of points for what is essentially a plasma pistol. On that note, swap DS for Unholy Might on your Bloodthirster, being Str8 base is great for killing characters.

Loving the rest though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The only thing I would add to all of this, is that Bletter squads seem to work well in squads of 12+. You need at least 3 troops, preferably 4 (depends on your style) at this points level.

Speaking of points levels, I can see what you're trying to do, but at 2000 points with Khorne lists you're still going to have compromise. You're trying to take 2 HQ's, 3 HS as well as crushers and hounds, and that's just a bit hard to squeeze in effectively.

I'm a big believer in indiviual lists, but the below might be a starting point:

Thirster (Naked)
Skulltaker (chariot)

Crushers x4
Crushers x4

Bloodletters x12
Bloodletters x12
Bloodletters x12

Hounds x 10
Hounds x 10 (I don't think karanak is worth it)

Soul Grinder (Phlegm)
Soul Grinder (Phlegm)

Leaves you 74 points for upgrades (eg the crushers or thirster) and of course you can tweak the squad sizes to suit fluff/style.

Hope this helps!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts