Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Ive posted a couple of lists as my collection has grown over the last 6 months but ive just hit the 2000 point mark now and thought id see what you guys thought, whether theres any serious flaws ive missed.

Become quite the regular gamer alately (much to my suprise) and ive been taking on various factions in my local club, mostly 'nids but with a few Marine variants aswell as 'crons and 'guard. I seem to have the measure of 'nids with this list but Grey Knights still seem to be my bane...

Here's the list (2004 points)

HQ - 150
Chaos Terminator Lord
MoK, AoBF, Combi-bolter

Elites - 524
Terminators x5
Mok, Power weapon x5, Combi-weapons x4 (foe dependant)

Landraider (Dedicated transport)

Helbrute
Multi-melta, Power-fist

Troops - 150
CSM x5
Boltgun, Boltpistol

CSM x5
Boltgun, Boltpistol

Fast Attack - 340
Heldrake
Baleflamer

Heldrake
Hades Autocannon

Heavy Support - 465
Chaos Predator
SS Lascannons, Autocannon

Forgefiend
HadesAutocannons x2

Forgefiend
Ectoplasma Cannons x2

'Allied Contingent' - 375
Knight Paladin
Rapid-fire battle cannon, Heavy stubber, Reaper Chainsword

Nothing too complicated with the tactics, i used to Deepstrike the Lord&Termis but now the Landraider allows me (most of the time) to roll up to a target and take it on,the Helbrute and the Forgefiends go with the Landraider providing fire support, the weapon variants on these three takes on all comers. The Predator sits deep blasting away from long range whist the CSM try to capture back field objectives (yes i know cultists are way cheaper to do the job but i prefer having Marines in this list and im saving the cultists for my next one). The Heldrakes do their thing taking on anything tbh, and the Knight, well it does what it does, it goes forward and destroys what it touches!

Always finish my posts this way but any comments / criticisms / suggestions are always welcome, taken on board quite a few pointers from the community and learnt a lot, Cheers!

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
So... there's nobody in the Land Raider at all? I'd at least throw one of those 5-man CSM squads into it, to make a much-harder-to-shift objective claiming unit who can hop out right near the end of the game if need be.

I would definitely do my best to throw meltabombs on that Lord and/or add two chainfists to those Termis--as it stands, they don't have much in the way of anti-tank apart from, possibly, some combi-weapons--which won't help them when they get stuck in with an Ironclad Dread. Or even a tarpit of Sentinels. Let alone an enemy Knight. Plus you have no guarantee of having power axes on those Termis, so chainfists would allow you to have more AP2 than the AoBF vs them GK termis.

(how to get points for the chainfists? Well, converting one of those CSM squads to cultists would give you the points you nee--ok, no, you've said as much)

·
Registered
866 Posts
Out of interest where do you put the lord? Cos as shit as it it is chaos can only get a standard capacity 10 land raider which can carry 5 terminaters (Bulky).
Also do you not run in to severe mobility issues, what do you have that can actually go and seize an objective or win a challenge. Being able to shoot the enemy off the board is OK but won't necessarily win you the game. I suggest you may need some transport for the marines. Personally I go for a five man squad with a special weapon and either a dirge caster for melta or flamer, or a havoc launcher if I use a plasma.
Another point about the lord, terminater armour costs 40 points to give 2+\5+ and you're losing the pow for the axe. A sigil gives you a 4++ for 25 points and he can run people down when they bolt.
My suggestion is lose a terminater give the lord a sig instead and look in to loosing one of the forge fiends giving you 227 points.
Then I would get a lvl2 telepathy sorc with familiar for 100pointst to go with lord and terminaters in the land raider. Then the remaining points I would add a mobile unit like raptors or best of all some bikes. I don't know where you would get points for rhino's though. Hope my suggestions give you some help.
Glory to chaos

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So... there's nobody in the Land Raider at all? I'd at least throw one of those 5-man CSM squads into it, to make a much-harder-to-shift objective claiming unit who can hop out right near the end of the game if need be.
Out of interest where do you put the lord? Cos as shit as it it is chaos can only get a standard capacity 10 land raider which can carry 5 terminaters (Bulky).
As quite rightly pointed out here ive made a very rookie mistake writing out my list for my Lord / Termi squad (What happens when i try to do two things at once) Apologies...

Here is the CORRECT list

HQ - 180
Chaos Terminator Lord
Mok, AoBF, Sigil of Corruption, Melta-Bombs, Combi-bolter

ELITES
Terminators x4
Mok, Power-weapons x4, Combi-Weapons x4 (all foe dependant but same points)

(Dedicated Transport)
Landraider
Dirge-caster

As stated, prior to purchasing the Landraider is always deepstriked the Lord&Termis but NOW i use the Landraider to get this squad where i need it to be. Coming out with the Combi-strike then charging, Mok, AoBF tends to work well and many a MC or HQ has been taken out.

Also do you not run in to severe mobility issues, what do you have that can actually go and seize an objective or win a challenge. Being able to shoot the enemy off the board is OK but won't necessarily win you the game.
To be honest when i lose a game is mostly because ive been 'tabled' not down to points defeats. You are correct (and others have made the same point) regarding mobility issues but my marines tend to get ignored and claim objectives, the Pred tends to be positioned near back a field objective and to many peoples suprise using the Heldrakes to drop into hover mode and claim a point or two (whilst very risky) has proven quite valuable quite a few times.

This list only takes on friendly gamers at my club and does ok, 4wins and 3defeats to be exact. I do enjoy a good fire-fight and this list is set up that way, it has its limitations sometimes but i do enjoy using it.

Cheers

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Oh, I guess when I saw the squad size and scrolled up to where you said "I used to DS Lord+Termis," I missed out on the past tense part of that sentence.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts