Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I think that I have my two current armies done and done, I think it's time to look at one of my first armies, the Sisters. I played them way back when they weren't cool :) And I'm looking at a similar list, but with a few of the new toys and being able to expand squads to 20 girls each. This is mostly a ranged list obviously with my Dominions and Command Squad giving it a bit of a punch. I didn't load up on Faith as I think doing so throws me in the "another faith sisters list", and I want to see if I can still do it without a large amount. It will also give me those "crucial" spots where I can use them to turn the tide or put the pressure on.

Cannoness
Blessed Power Weapon
Mantle of Ophelia
Rosarius
Command Squad
1 Heavy Flamer
1 Flamer
1 Banner Bearer with Sacred Banner
Veteran Sister
Power Weapon and Storm Bolter

Inquisitor
Force Weapon
Inferno Pistol
Rosarius
Hammerhand
Inquisitorial Mandate

All Riding in an Immolator with Holy Promethium

Callidus Assassin

3 X 20 Battle Sisters
1 Flamer
1 Heavy Flamer

2 X 8 Dominion Squad
4 Meltaguns
Rhino

2 Exorcists

2000 points exactly
88 Models
3 Faith Points

·
Registered
34 Posts
You've stated upfront you don't want too much faith and like 20 strong squads, so I won't comment on those aspects.

However, a few points I would raise are:

1) The cannoness. I have noticed a few people put a lot of wargear on their head girl. I however think they should be kept cheap as chips, as they are pretty good and alot of the wargear doesn't really improve them much.

Having said that, as you are not going faith heavy, the rosarius could be useful, but I definitely think you should drop the mantle. Also consider giving her a book of st. lucius.

2) Command squad. Never been much of a fan of S3 power weapons. Maybe think about upping it to an eviscerator. Heavy Flamer / Melta gun is a really good combo as well, makes you a bit more flexible.

Your inquisitor is horribly expensive for what he can do. Again, I recommend keeping him cheap using the points elsewhere.

3) Your sister squads are fine too. Although maybe consider mixing them up a bit. As I said earlier heavy flamer/melta is really good. Also 4 meltas in the dominions is a bit OTT. I had a lot of use with 2 meltas and 2 Flamers.

Good luck, let us know how you get on with the large squads. Never had enough mini's ti try it myself!

Also make sure all your transports have Extra Armour / Smokes! Standard on all Imperial vehicles since M39!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have noticed that there are no penitent engines in the list. I was just wondering if they aren't that good, or whether people just don't want to/can't field them?

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I can't say I really like the list to be honest. I'd definitely make those squads of 20 faithfull. You have spent a lot of points on upgrades you don't need, but not made your squads faithfull.

The inquisitor, who is the worst offender in terms of paying points for upgrades, doesn't even fit in the immolator with the cannoness and celestians. That's 7 models.

Drahc, Penitent engines are terrible, sad to say. Great models and I love the idea behind them but there's really no tactical application for them whatever. If they cost half what they do, they might be useable. The priest you have to take to get access to penitent engines is worth about half what he costs as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ok, thanks for the information Someguy. I love the models, and I thought the stats weren't too bad, but I shall amend my list soon :)

Are arco-flagellants (or whatever the name is) worth it, considering the priest as well?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Generally Arco's and Penitent Engines arent very good. They do have their uses though. If you low on cash and trying to start an army I'd stay away from them, but if not they look awesome and can be really fun to play with.

On to the list. I feel like its just not versitile enough. 3x 20 strong squads 6-incinhg it across the feild with flamers just dosen't seem that great. Any stand and shoot or mobile army will out manuver, and out shoot you.

No offense but a list described as a "ranged list" that only has a 12" range isnt much of a ranged list. (exc. exorchist) Maybe take one of the squads out and add a retributor squad with heavy bolters and multi-meltas. Then take the other points and make your squads faithful. I know you said you didnt want to be another faith list but thats what the sisters are all about. Its what makes them good so I cant really understand why you wouldnt want lots of faith points.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts