Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is bang on 2000, and it's amazing how hard it is to kill a Rhino with 1/3 of vehicle penetration removed...

What do you think?

Daemon Prince
MoN
Wings
Warptime

Daemon Prince
MoN
Wings
Warptime

Plague Marines x7
2 Melta
Champion with Powerfist
Rhino with Dozer Blade, Twin-linked bolter

Plague Marines x7
2 Plasma
Champion with Powerfist
Rhino with Daemonic Possession, Dozer Blade, Combi-Melta

Berkerkers x8
Champion with Powerfist
Rhino with Daemonic Possession, Dozer Blade, Combi-Melta

Terminators
MoT
Lightning Claws x4
Champion with Powerfist
Landraider with Daemonic Possession, Dozer Blade, Combi-Melta

Obliterator x2

Obliterator x2

·
Registered
324 Posts
DP on rhinos? sounds like a big investment on something that will more likely get penetrated then glanced. I think those points could be better spent on something else. Removing those and the dozer blades, you could put another tank on the board. If not that, put those points into building another squad or putting another oblit on the table. Even if you decide not to, split up your oblits as much as possible. Put the 2 in one squad, and make the other two separate units.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'd have to say that you need to get rid of all the extra stuff on your rhinos and just add extra armor. Other than that I'm not sure what else you could/should change. just gonna have to play it and find out.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's been pretty destructive, and i very nearly in my 6th month playing ripped a competition players blood angels to tiny pieces for him only to snatch KP's on turn 7!

The possession was great against his 3 vindicators as he kept getting unlucky rolls on penetrating hits. I maybe could have done with an extra 5 man squad in reserve for objective games as i found my troops got badly targetted. But in reality i could play better in those games and look after my home objectives a bit more.

In 1750 i probably would cut them down and i totally agree about splitting the obliterators up, i tried that and it worked a treat for tank popping. Shame they are a pretty easy KP though... but you can field them differently for each scenario i guess!

·
Registered
320 Posts
I would say drop the DP on the rhinos and add some more plague marines. can never have enough of those guys

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would say drop the DP on the rhinos and add some more plague marines. can never have enough of those guys

Not a bad idea.... but its GOT to be 7 really, Nurgles number. :grin:

I'm going to have a fiddle with all my lists today, might post up an update, got some new units being built which may change my mind a bit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts