Dreadnought-
Multi melta
Close combat arm w/heavy flamer
Dedicated transport: *****Drop pod-

Heavy support-270

whirlwind-*****

whirlwind-

thunderfire cannon-

2002 i beleive. Team mates are gaurd and tau. Opposing team is supposedly eldar, orks, and marines. comments?

·
Registered
159 Posts
thunderfire cannon

use subterranean ammo on the orks to slow down the advice. Also are you trying to field 3 armies for your team, each well balanced, or create different styles that cover for each other.

·
Registered
27 Posts
oh one more thing might of anchients is not an ability i reccomend never really seen someone get to use it since you shoul run tigurius(since he can use three per turn and knows them all) drop sec. hq use pts to divi in your squads.

·
Registered
670 Posts
How come two weaps on the first Librarian? He can only fire one weapon in the shooting turn abnd vortex is a shooting attack. Is it just incase?

You don't need extra armour on your Rhinos as they're not desperate to get into the fight like a assault unit for example.

Two Drop Pods is bad. First turn a single Drop Pod comes down and the Dread is isolated and then the other Pod comes in as and when - bad times :( I would ditch the Pods.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dreads w/out pods is only a good idea if your using riflemen in my experience. The pods are there so the irondread drops turn 1 with the melta and hurrican bolters into rear armor of a front facing serpent or falcon to get the glances and hopefully pen with the melta. If he accomplishes a wreck then hes made his points up in my opinion. The second pod is there to use the locator beacon on the first to attempt a non scattering deepstrike and with all those points on the board i highly doubt they will waste time attacking the pod with more important matters at hand. the weapon on the libby is jic. And there will be a change also. We are fighting 2 eldar and 1 ork player. So the 2 libbys are necessary for their hoods alone. The rhinos arent for getting into an assault. They are there to get to objectives if need be and help the 2 troop choices from getting destroyed too early on to be of use. If all else i can fire the heavys from the rhinos until other action is needed. Thanks for the comments. I wouldnt run tigurious because he is probably the biggest waste of points in the space marine codex. Yes you get three powers but no invulnerable save makes him easily one shottable by an eldar missle launcher. I dont have enough reserves to take advantage of his rerolls either. I would rather have a term libby for 50 points less. especially since i dont expect him to survive past turn 3. Might of the ancients gives the librarian a strength 6 force weapon against nobs who reroll there invulnerable saves with null zone. You could potentially kill multiple nobs with just the librarian. Factor in nobs get no feel no pain (force weapon ignore armor), he strikes first (if the nobs are packing power klaws) and hes with the 5 th/ss termies i would say its a pretty good ability to have.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Dude paragraphs? Just a wall of text.

Your hoping you get rear armour shots - any smart player would put rear armour against the board edge so you cannot do that.

Yeah I know Rhinos are getting into assault that's my point. They're not in a rush to move so do not need extra armour.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Key word, SMART players. You forget i know these people. Normally yes i would say your right but its like clockwork, trust...

i see your point on EA so i will remove that. Chances are it will help me in this situation 0%.

(also we are playing short edges with two tables. anyone who starts their transport all the way on there edge is putting themselves at a disadvantage since it will take two turns moving fast just to get into assault or shooting range..)

Srry bout the paragraph. lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts