Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys. I am new here and was wondering if I can get an opinion from those more experienced with CHSM regarding a Thousand Sons fluffy list.

HQ
- Ahriman

TROOPS
- 8x TS + 1 Aspiring Sorc (as 9 is a sacred number for TS), Rhino w. combi
- 8x TS + 1 Aspiring Sorc (as 9 is a sacred number for TS), Rhino w. combi

ELITES
- Chaos Contemptor Dread with 2x Butcher Cannon and Tzeentch Dedication (contemptor can easily be rubric as he does not go nuts)
- 4x Chaos Termies with combi-melta (or flamer) and either PwrAxe or PwrMaul, +1 Champion with combi and Chainfist, Land Raider with combi (can easily be rubric)

HEAVY SUPPORT
- Relic Predator with 2x Las, 1x TL Las

FORMATION - HELLBRUTES MAYHEM PACK (surviving dreads from the pre-heresy age thus their madness)
3x Hellbrute, Multimelta, PwrFist w. Heavy Flamer

My goal was to create as fluffy list as possible without it being useless. :) So as little mech as possible, no dinobots, hellturkeys, oblits, mutils, preferrably as many units that may be taken as rubrics or remnants of pre-heresy era. Thus "relic" predator and three dreads that work as a single unit.
I have means to open vehicle, even LRs and monoliths, some flamers and some CC potential. Some anti 3+ and anti 2+ and some pretty tough units.

I would like to hear your comments and critique.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I could throw away the predator and add 3 termies easily (to get 8+Ahri), but I would feel bit naked with just two rhinos, Contemptor and that Land Raider on the board T1. :-D

On the other hand... One more predator is nothing extra is it? Now if the Terminators had split fire... :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Because of scatter and because Ahriman cant DS. I need to find some place for him to hide. Rhino with Ahriman will get blasted T1 and he won't get where I need him. Although I am open to suggestions as to how to employ him. I dont like him sitting in no-fire-pts-LR either. But I am afraid to put him in rhino. Therefore I put him in LR. I cant even infiltrate him.

I dont like the chaos LR too, because of loadout.

Any suggestions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts