Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I recently started playing Warhammer 40k, and I am trying to get a list perfected for casual gaming. I'm not even sure if the idea behind my list will even work. From what I understand, I can have two Nemesis Strike Forces and still be Battleforged, so:

Nemesis Strike Force- 1000

HQ
Librarian: Psyker mastery level 3, Combi-weapon, Warlord- 145 pts
Librarian: Psyker mastery level 3, Combi-weapon- 145 pts

Troops
Terminator squad-199 pts
x2 Terminator: Falchions
x2 Terminator: Halberd
x1 Terminator: Halberd, Psycannon

Fast Attack
Interceptor Squad- 286 pts
x1 Interceptor: Halberd, Teleport Homer
x7 Interceptor: Halberd
x2 Interceptor: Incinerator

Heavy Support
Nemesis Dreadknight: Greatsword, Personal Teleporter, Heavy Psycannon, Heavy Incinerator- 225 pts

Nemesis Strike Force- 1000

HQ

Troops
Terminator squad-199 pts
x2 Terminator: Falchions
x1 Terminator: Halberd, Psycannon

Fast Attack

Heavy Support
Nemesis Dreadknight: Greatsword, Personal Teleporter, Heavy Psycannon, Heavy Incinerator- 225 pts

Total- 2000

The combi Weapons can be changed if I know what kind of army I will be facing. The Idea is to have a fair amount of psychic points, and still be able to utilize the deep strike of the Terminators. I would place the Librarians with the Terminators, and place them in reserve. Then I would move the Interceptors to the place that would be best strategically (teleport shunt them if need be), and then deep strike the reserves near the Interceptors so they don't scatter. The Dreadknights are there to teleport shunt to any heavy armor, or monstrous creatures on the table and deal with those.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Fast Attack
x4 Interceptor: Incinerator
Interceptor squads can only have 10 models in them, can you clarify what's going on here?

Are you attaching Librarians to the Interceptor squads or two to each Terminator squad? A model in TDA will hobble a jump unit's movement as well as stopping it from preforming a Sweeping Advance.

Differently, I'd drop two or three of the Librarians to beef up how many bodies you're bringing to the table since you're fielding 37 models at 2k.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interceptor squads can only have 10 models in them, can you clarify what's going on here?

Are you attaching Librarians to the Interceptor squads or two to each Terminator squad? A model in TDA will hobble a jump unit's movement as well as stopping it from preforming a Sweeping Advance.

Differently, I'd drop two or three of the Librarians to beef up how many bodies you're bringing to the table since you're fielding 37 models at 2k.
Sorry about that. I had typed the wrong amount for the Incinerator Interceptors. I have edited the original post to solve this issue. The plan is to add two Librarians to each Terminator Squad. Also, what would you advise I bring instead of the Librarians. I have to have two of them to stay battleforged, right? If I drop two of them, I did up the math, and I can add two Hammer Terminators, two Halberd Terminators, Two Falchion Terminators, and a Psycannon Terminator. does this sound like a good trade off, or is there a better one that I'm missing? Thanks for any and all advise.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Yeah, assuming you needed to keep both Detachments (which with your selections you don't really need to) you would have to have two HQ choices.

What about a third unit of Interceptors? They're almost exactly the same points as two Librarians.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, assuming you needed to keep both Detachments (which with your selections you don't really need to) you would have to have two HQ choices.

What about a third unit of Interceptors? They're almost exactly the same points as two Librarians.
Alright. I wrote up a new list only using one Nemesis Strike Force, this time. Unfortunatly, I can only have 2 Fast attack per Nemesis Strike force so this is what I tried:

HQ
Librarian: Mastery Level 3, Combi Weapon, Melta Bombs, Warlord- 150 points

Troops
Terminator Squad- 414 points
x4 Terminator: Falchions
x2 Terminator: Hammer
x2 Terminator: Psycannon, Halberds

Terminator Squad- 414 points
x4 Terminator: Falchions
x2 Terminator: Hammer
x2 Terminator: Psycannon, Halberd

Fast Attack
Interceptor Squad- 286 points

Interceptor Squad- 286 points

Heavy Support
Nemesis Dreadknight: Personal Teleporter, Greatsword, Heavy Psycannon, Heavy Incinerator- 225 points

Nemesis Dreadknight: Personal Teleporter, Greatsword, Heavy Psycannon, Heavy Incinerator- 225 points

Total- 2000 points

That brings me to 43 Models for 2000 points. The strategy would be the same. I would place the Librarian with one of the Terminator Squads, and put both Terminator Squads in reserve. Then I would Move the Interceptors to the place that would be best strategically (Use Teleport Shunt, if I need to), and deep strike the Terminators near the Interceptors so they don't scatter. The Nemesis Dreadknights would teleport shunt to any heavy armor, or monstrous creatures that are on the table, and deal with them. How does this list seem? Any Improvements?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Ha! My apologies, I don't know why but I thought the NSF had three FA/HS slots. Either way I think this list will get you further. I would suggest playtesting whether you like 10 man Terminator squads or 5; I personally love the 10 man squad but rarely get to do it because 5 man squads are a bit more versatile in grabbing Objectives.

One thing:

Then I would Move the Interceptors to the place that would be best strategically (Use Teleport Shunt, if I need to), and deep strike the Terminators near the Interceptors so they don't scatter.
You roll for Reserves for this Detachment starting Turn 1 before your Interceptrs get to move into position. Might I suggest finding the 34 points needed for an Inquisitor and 3x servo skulls to assist with your T1 DS fun?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ha! My apologies, I don't know why but I thought the NSF had three FA/HS slots. Either way I think this list will get you further. I would suggest playtesting whether you like 10 man Terminator squads or 5; I personally love the 10 man squad but rarely get to do it because 5 man squads are a bit more versatile in grabbing Objectives.

One thing:

You roll for Reserves for this Detachment starting Turn 1 before your Interceptrs get to move into position. Might I suggest finding the 34 points needed for an Inquisitor and 3x servo skulls to assist with your T1 DS fun?
I thought I could choose because it says "Instead of making Reserve Rolls from the start of your turn two, you CAN make Reserve Rolls for any unit..." Is that not the case? Am I required to make my reserve rolls on turn one? I was mainly after the ability to run and shoot after deep striking, and gates of infinity.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
You know, I never once thought I wouldn't want them coming in T1 so I never thought about their arrival as an option for anything but the dice. Good call on the wording. Personally I'd prefer the alpha strike but play it out and see what you like. I really do think more bodies is better than more Librarians though. If you have the models I'd try with the 20 Terminators in one Detachment and alternate with 30 Interceptors in two to see which plays better.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright. Thank you, very much for all the advice, and help. I will give both a shot, and see which works better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts