Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Entropy Fetishist
4,224 Posts
Unbound? Well, I guess with Be'lakor you don't need to reroll a warlord trait since he has his fancy fear thingy. And it's not like, say, 2 squads of ObSec cultists are going to swing you much...

I feel like that is kind of relatively few T4 3+ minis, for all that they have an invuln, for 2k points. Still, like you say, it's not here to be competitive, but rather a themed elite force.

Not too much in terms of AP2 or AA--or even AT, apart from Be'lakor and the Mayhem Pack, though that's borderline possibly enough.

· Entropy Fetishist
4,224 Posts
It's actually bound, as Be'Lakor can be the HQ for Crimson Slaughter, which allows Possessed to be troops.
Ah, right. Totally forgot. Shows how often I play Possessed... :p

and for some reason I thought the mayhems could also,
Yeah, the Mayhems have to. Come in all three on one reserve roll, IIRC.

· Entropy Fetishist
4,224 Posts
I can't help but feel of any unit, Warp Talons would benefit from an HQ of some sort with AP weaponry and anti-tank (power fist, meltabombs, what have you)--would increase them from a niche unit to a solid pain-dealer.

Still, finding points for that HQ in a still kinda-squishy squad is the thing...

· Entropy Fetishist
4,224 Posts
Taking the Bloodstorm but not fitting in a Heldrake Vector Striking at S8? I mean, that's the most reliable anti-air you can get in a CSM army without going to Forge World, so...

· Entropy Fetishist
4,224 Posts
Thoughts? And would you run it as the reaper for anti-air, and not the baleflamer?
The problem with running the HAC is then it does one job poorly at AP4 and BS3, rather than torching MEq extremely well--for the exact same points cost. Plus, well, if you're Vector Striking a target you're not going to be in the firing arc for the weapon. There are more efficient ways to spend points on AA than on the Helturkey--a Hellblade, for instance.

That's the question, though--add more AP3 or give the Warp Talons some AP2? I might honestly go for the Drake, just since it adds a whole new (pretty durable flyer) unit for enemies to target rather than just basically +3 wounds to the Talons for the same cost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.