Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the armies I'm currently pondering is a Counts As Admech list. Basically all of this would be able to run as a Clan Ruakaan list... or when the new rumored dexes come out, maybe they'll make 'Praetorians' or some such that would be MEQ count as.

Anyway... mostly just how many obscene walkers I could run in one list.

Master of the Forge
Harness, Bolt Pistol, Gorgon's Chain, Axe of Medusa, Ironstone
+2 Servitors

Techmarine
Power Axe, Harness, Bolt Pistol

Technmarine

Techmarine

Tactical Squad
5+1, Grav Gun

Tactical Squad
5+1, Grav Gun

Tactical Squad
5+1, Grav Gun

Dreadnought
x2 TLAC

Dreadnought
x2 TLAC

Dreadnought
x2 TLAC

Deredo Dreadnought
Aiolos Missile Launcher, Anvilus Autocannon Battery, TL Heavy Bolter

Deredo Dreadnought
Aiolos Missile Launcher, Anvilus Autocannon Battery, TL Heavy Bolter

Questoris Knight Mageara
Hekaton Siege Claw

So... there we go. I had to use the Mageara instead of the Errant or Paladin because the FW specifically let it be a LoW in a Clan list, instead of needing an IK detachment. That way he gets the IWND that the chapter tactics offer, not to mention the improvements from the Ironstone. Plus the Blessed Autosimulacra... the Mageara could be immortal!

Then you tack on 5 more Dreadnoughts, including 2 of the new howmuchdakkacanadakkadakkaifadreadnoughtcoulddakkadakka dreadnoughts (since the MotF lets you take more than one Relic), and a few more Techmarines to run around make sure they're all in good shape....

I have some point bloat I know... I don't need Power Axes, but they're so very iconic.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
I think the list is kinda lacking in melee capacity; you have almost literally nothing other than the Knight (don't count on that IWND lasting beyond an FAQ or against an anti-RAW player though :p) who can only be in one place at once and isn't all that in combat (most lists can deal with a Knight, even with your other armour saturation).

You put a lot of shots downrange, but not as many shots as Eldar, Tau, Necrons or Imperial Guard and you have no mobility at all, which makes me think that while this list is kinda cool in terms of a theme, it's really not all that on the tabletop (although it'll perform admirably in a FLGS/local gaming group environment, for sure, it just has a bunch of bad matchups that stop it being really nasty).

EDIT: Actually, why run the Magaera over the Acheron or the Castigator? Both of those would help out your anti-infantry/melee issues better, I think.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts