Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The basic thought process behind this list is a triple threat that keeps the opponent on the back foot...and my limited collection of models.

HQ:
Chaos Lord-135 pts
+Bike
+MURDER SWORD
+Mark of Nurgle

Sorcerer-165 pts
+Terminator Armor
+Mark of Nurgle
+Mastery Level 3
+Spell Familiar

Troops:
Plague Marines-178 pts
+2 Marines
+2 Flamer

Plague Marines-188 pts
+2 Marines
+2 Meltaguns

Cultists-199 pts
+25 Cultists
+34 Autoguns (Champion keeps standard)
+3 Heavy Stubber

Elite:
Helbrute-130 pts
+Twin Las Cannon

Helbrute- 120 pts
+Heavy Flamer

Fast Attack:
Chaos Spawn-180 pts
+4 Spawn
+5 Marks of Nurgle

Chaos Bikers-120 pts
+2 Bikers
+2 Flamers

Heldrake-170 pts

Heavy Support:
Forgefiend-200 pts
+1 Ectoplasma Cannon

Chaos Vindicator-145 pts
+Siege Shield
+Deamonic Possession

Thought Process:
Threat 1:
Chaos Lord and his Biker Bros run down one side w/ the MURDER SWORD, applying pressure and forcing my opponent to move his Warlord to the other side of the board or be MURDERED. Flamers are to deal w/ the squishes I'm expecting him to counter w/.

Threat 2:
The Vindicator does what all Vindicators do, be scary looking and pie-plate people into the ground. Forgefiend chills with Vinnie in the back field, just being the scary piles of Dakka that they are. Vinnie takes out armor while the Forgefiend knocks any enemy flyers from the sky. Then it's on to beautiful slaughter of MEQs.

Threat 3:
Massive block of midfield guns, Rhinos and Plaguemarines flank the Cultist mob w/ Helbrutes popping anything on wheels or tracks that comes close. Spawn work as the guard dogs that they are, shredding infantry while the Marines and Cultists squat on objectives. Sorcerer joins one of the squads, depending on the enemy, bringing every power Nurgle can bless him with.

I know Helbrutes are meh and I'll upgrade them to something better later but for now I'm limited to the models I own/my limited budget for obtaining new models.

·
Registered
159 Posts
just a heads up but you dont need to pay for 34 autoguns, the stubbers already replace the pistols so you only need to pay for 31 autoguns and i dunno it just feels off with the sorcerer in terminator armor and no other terminators in the list. does make him harder to pop.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point about the Autoguns, thanks. Not sure what I'll do w/ 3 pints but still good to know.
As for being a lone Terminator, it's a durability thing. He's going to be walking down the middle of the board surrounded by tough targets, I need him just as tough if not tougher (also a matter of what I own...)

Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
159 Posts
well a way to make him tougher without the armor would be aura of dark glory, drops a 4+ invulnerable save on him then drop him on a palanquin of nurgle to give him 2 more wounds

·
Registered
432 Posts
Let me put my 2 cents in here, as I feel it can be much improved!

HQ:
Chaos Lord-135 pts
+Bike
+MURDER SWORD
+Mark of Nurgle
Bike is cool and all but T6 doesn't make him more survivable. Give him a Sigil of Corruption for a 4++ as well, drop the murder sword too, its an over priced power sword. He's better off with powerfist/lightning claw. He'll get an extra attack and tear through 3+ saves and 2+ saves alike.

Sorcerer-165 pts
+Terminator Armor
+Mark of Nurgle
+Mastery Level 3
+Spell Familiar
Dunno where he fits in. Could save 165 points here by scrapping him and putting the points elsewhere

Troops:
Plague Marines-178 pts
+2 Marines
+2 Flamer
Like here, 7 marines is useful, but with flamers they aren't doing much without a Rhino.

Plague Marines-188 pts
+2 Marines
+2 Meltaguns
And here, needs a Rhino

Cultists-199 pts
+25 Cultists
+34 Autoguns (Champion keeps standard)
+3 Heavy Stubber
As mentioned, less autoguns to save 3 points.

Elite:
Helbrute-130 pts
+Twin Las Cannon
Might as well give him a missile launcher too so he's using his long range effectively.

Helbrute- 120 pts
+Heavy Flamer
I'd make this guy the same as above, Las and missile launcher

Fast Attack:
Chaos Spawn-180 pts
+4 Spawn
+5 Marks of Nurgle
Good. Use them well.

Chaos Bikers-120 pts
+2 Bikers
+2 Flamers
Better with meltas. But hey.

Heldrake-170 pts
I'd go with the Hades on this guy, good for taking down other flyers/tanks at long range

Heavy Support:
Forgefiend-200 pts
+1 Ectoplasma Cannon
3x Plasma, or 2 Hades and 1 Plasma? I'd go 3 plasma personally, that way you're not shooting at 48" and wasting the gun mouth.

Chaos Vindicator-145 pts
+Siege Shield
+Deamonic Possession
Give this a combi-bolter to make "WEAPON DESTROYED" result not waste 145 points

Thought Process:
Threat 1:
Chaos Lord and his Biker Bros run down one side w/ the MURDER SWORD, applying pressure and forcing my opponent to move his Warlord to the other side of the board or be MURDERED. Flamers are to deal w/ the squishes I'm expecting him to counter w/.
Scrap the murder sword, PLEASE. If you want a bad ass sword get the Crimson Slaughter supp codex. Blade of teh Relentless is MUCH better after a few kills.

Threat 2:
The Vindicator does what all Vindicators do, be scary looking and pie-plate people into the ground. Forgefiend chills with Vinnie in the back field, just being the scary piles of Dakka that they are. Vinnie takes out armor while the Forgefiend knocks any enemy flyers from the sky. Then it's on to beautiful slaughter of MEQs.
Use him in comjunction with the 3x ectoplasma forgefiend, the vindi can take out hard stuff and the forgey can plough through blobs

Threat 3:
Massive block of midfield guns, Rhinos and Plaguemarines flank the Cultist mob w/ Helbrutes popping anything on wheels or tracks that comes close. Spawn work as the guard dogs that they are, shredding infantry while the Marines and Cultists squat on objectives. Sorcerer joins one of the squads, depending on the enemy, bringing every power Nurgle can bless him with.

I know Helbrutes are meh and I'll upgrade them to something better later but for now I'm limited to the models I own/my limited budget for obtaining new models.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First off, totally forgot to include the two Rhinos. If you add up the points you'll see I planned to have them, just forgot to list (I'm an idiot like that). I'll take a second look at MURDER SWORD, I grabbed it for the pressure it would apply to the enemy's deployment and troop movement not actual kill power but I'll still look it over.

Sorcerer is a mix of my liking him and my limited collection, I'm thinking of scrapping the cultists and bringing him some termies instead but w/ my changing the Bike Lord might be able to bring both?

I think I'll takethe Forgefiend basic, I wanted him as a mix of anti flyer and blob and i think the autocannons will help me more there

Thanks for the input!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts