Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that I've gotten a hold of the new codex, that 'theoretical' army from before just became real. It's a little crazy, a bit fluff heavy, and only works because of Forgeworld, but we'll give it a whirl anyway.

Master of the Forge - 135
Power Axe, +3 Servitors

Master of the Forge - 135
Power Axe, + 3 Servitors

Techmarine - 90
Power Axe, Servo Harness

Techmarine - 90
Power Axe, Servo Harness

Tactical Squad - 243
x10, Missile Launcher, Meltagun, Stormbolter on Sgt
Razorback w/ Lasplas

Tactical Squad - 243
x10, Missile Launcher, Meltagun, Stormbolter on Sgt
Razorback w/ Lasplas

Dreadnought - 115
x2 TL Autocannon

Dreadnought - 115
x2 TL Autocannon

Dreadnought - 115
x2 TL Autocannon

Mortis Contemptor - 200
x2 TL Autocannon, CML

Mortis Contemptor - 200
x2 TL Autocannon, CML

Devastator Centurions - 290
x3, TL Las + ML ea, Omniscope

Grand Total: 1971

So I still have 29 points to work with, and need some opinions.

• Basically I figured that the Masters were going to hang back to support the wall of Dreadnoughts, putting them back together when IWND didn't have them regenerating. Axes were just because they're usually already on the models, but considering in CC they're already swinging Unwieldy Servo Arms left and right, that might not be the best use of points.
  • The Techmarines would go in the 5-man combat squads up with the Razorbacks. Probably the Meltagun + TM + 4 wounds rushing forward, while the Missile Launcher, Stormbolter Sgt and 3 wounds for fire support duties hanging back.
  • 3 Dreadnoughts could deal with anything except a spare Battle Tank, and I love the rifleman's versatility.
  • 2 Mortis have the same effectiveness, plus giving me the anti-air that the army lacks, as well as additional defenses from the Aximatic Shielding.
  • The Centurions were an added benefit for dealing with the heaviest targets. Missile Launchers are probably redundant, as they don't do as much heavy lifting as lascannons, but I wanted to be able to take advantage of those Decimator Protocols.
If I drop the Stormbolters on the Sergeants, as well as all the power axes, I get back 95 points. Not really enough points for much of anything; another Dev Centurion in the squad is the only thing I could really think of, or a small 5-man tac unit.

Any suggestions?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts