Shining Spears
Exarch, H&R, Starlance, x4 Spears

Hornet
Holo-Field, Pulse Laser x2

Hornet
Holo-Field, Pulse Laser x2

Phoenix Bomber
x2 Phoenix ML, x2 ShuriCannons, x1 Pulse Laser

That's it. SO many Pulse Lasers. I'm actually thinking maybe the Hunters might do better with Bright Lances.

Thoughts? Critiques? Comments? Flames?

·
Registered
720 Posts
That list looks like so much fun :biggrin:. The only thing I would say is maybe 2x squads of 9 jetbike so you can give the autarchs a proper entourage but I get that that makes them rather hard to hide. At least it leaves you 3x squads of 3 left for contesting objectives. Also who doesn't like the look of a big squad of jetbikes been let my autarch flying down the table. Everything else looks perfect. Just make sure you use cover well with them hornets.

·
Registered
358 Posts
would like to know were u get the rule for those hornets because i know there was a IA ages ago but the rules were ment to be updated and i cant find them

on another note its fast but if u come under strong fire power or cc they will drop like flys ido like the shock factor of it though

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Commie: I'm not going to be using the Jetbikes to run the Autarchs; that's what the Shining Spear squads are for.

Loki: The Hornets make an appearance in IA11

·
Registered
720 Posts
Commie: I'm not going to be using the Jetbikes to run the Autarchs; that's what the Shining Spear squads are for.

Loki: The Hornets make an appearance in IA11

Sorry didnt notice them. What the plan for them enemy deployment huntin, counter attack unit, vehicle destroyers or just combat in general

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Spears can serve a lot of roles; they're primarily there as heavy assault against hard targets that weight of firepower can't end. There's a LOT of AP2 guns so I'm not overly concerned, but they can also assault heavy armor (though not epicly).

·
Registered
720 Posts
I find there are best used against backfield targets like devastators or scouts or the odd manticore. Also monstrous creature hunting is pefect for these guys.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Well technically armour 12 but how many how many backfield units are +2 armour :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey look, this is me necro'ing my own, very old army idea.

I like the Phoenix, because it feels like an appropriate 'tank' for a Samm Hain army. Not a big fan of the model, and not sure if I like having my three biggest threats (2 Hunters and a Phoenix). There's a lot of Pulse Lasers in the list with the Hornets and the Hunters... maybe I should drop the Phoenix and one small squad of Windriders, and throw in some Fire Prisms? I just would need to think of better models, I dislike Eldar tank hulls.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mantle of the laughing God is both competitive and hilarious.

It almost always denies your opponent slay the warlord,and guarantees you linebreaker. Just start him in reserves and its cheap and great.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice to see people still look at this list and like it. :) I love the Phoenix for its stats, but I'm not a fan of the model... but I've been considering dropping the Bomber and adding maybe 2 Fire Prisms... I just don't like Eldar tanks. Maybe try and find a way to modify in that FW dark eldar skiff... I can't remember what they call it, but it has two really large guns built onto a monstrous raider frame. Feels kind of 'Saim Hann'ish. The Fire Prism's gun is definitely worth it, but the Bomber is pretty nice, too, especially with two Autarchs controlling deployment.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Nice to see people still look at this list and like it. :) I love the Phoenix for its stats, but I'm not a fan of the model... but I've been considering dropping the Bomber and adding maybe 2 Fire Prisms... I just don't like Eldar tanks. Maybe try and find a way to modify in that FW dark eldar skiff... I can't remember what they call it, but it has two really large guns built onto a monstrous raider frame. Feels kind of 'Saim Hann'ish. The Fire Prism's gun is definitely worth it, but the Bomber is pretty nice, too, especially with two Autarchs controlling deployment.
:shok:

I would say Eldar have some of the best tanks, aka the wave serpent

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Their tanks are great. I just don't like the aesthetic behind it. I love their jetbikes, but that's about it. Their tanks remind me of hovercrabs. I'd rather modify a Tau Hammerhead, or armor up a DE raider. As it is I'll end up using the DE flier as my Crimson Hunters, and would need to find something else to play the Phoenix Bomber....

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've made some modifications to this list, to take better advantage (I feel) to some of the new bonuses and such for the psychic phase. Not sure if this is better or worse, just... different.

It's also 2001 points, which annoys the snot out of me. :(

Farseer (Warlord)
Jetbike, Spear, Mantle, Spirit Stone

Warlock on Jetbike

Warlock on Jetbike

Warlock on Jetbike

Warlock on Jetbike

Autarch
Jetbike, Banshee Mask, Laser Lance, Fusion Gun

Autarch
Jetbike, Banshee Mask, Laser Lance, Fusion Gun

Windrider Host