Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted something like this before... sometimes heavily FW'd, but I decided to throw it up again as a completely GW version. I know it's probably not as competitive as it could be, but I wanted it fluffy as well. I'd appreciate feedback... but again, please keep in mind that if I say I want a fluffy Saim Hann... you shouldn't be suggesting Wraiths or the like.

Farseer - 160 (Warlord)
-Bike, Mantle, Singing Spear

Autarch - 110
-Bike, Laser Lance, Fusion Gun, Banshee Mask

Autarch - 110
-Bike, Laser Lance, Fusion Gun, Banshee Mask

Windrider Jetbike Squad - 177
x6, 2 Shuricannons
+ Warlock on Bike w/ Singing Spear

x6, 2 Shuricannons

x6, 2 Shuricannons

x6, 2 Shuricannons

Shining Spears - 145
x4
+ Exarch w/ Star Lance
(Autarch goes in this squad)

Shining Spears - 145
x4
+ Exarch w/ Star Lance
(Autarch goes in this squad)

Vyper Squadron - 130
x2
- Each w/ Shuricannon & Starcannon

Vyper Squadron - 130
x2
- Each w/ Shuricannon & Starcannon

Crimson Hunter Exarch - 180
- Pulse Laser & 2 Bright Lances

Crimson Hunter Exarch - 180
- Pulse Laser & 2 Bright Lances

If you're observant, you'll realize that this is two Combined Arms Detachments, giving me 3 HQ, 4 Troops, and 6 Fast Attack; a true Saim Hann style of army. I toyed with tanks in the Heavy Slots, since Eldar tanks are fast enough to fit the fluff, but I didn't want something that large. I'm picturing these guys with chariots and bikes more than any heavy vehicles, and the only reasons they get fliers is because well... they're fliers. It's like giving a tank to a Ravenwing force. Sure, they ally well with Deathwing, but it just doesn't fit, while a Dark Talon would. In a FW army, I could drop the Vypers for Hornets instead, maybe throw in a Phoenix.

I know the Vypers are fragile, and I kept them fairly cheap. Hopefully they zoom around picking off heavy infantry like TEQs and causing mayhem. Paired so I don't immediately lose First Blood. Warlocks give the semi-beefy bike squadrons a few more tricks or some bite with the spear if needed, while the Autarchs can deal with MCs, characters, even tanks as needed with those laser lances. Hit & Run would be useful, but at the same time, I hope whatever they charge dies immediately. My kingdom for pistols for them!

I figure Runes of Fate for the Farseer... how fun would it be to give him Death Mission? Nothing wrong with Guide, either.

Finally, two Crimson Hunters... they'll fly around zapping anything that needs to die, from fliers to tanks to anything with heavy armor.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts