Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So I currently have a decent 1750 CSM Nurgle/Death Guard themed list that I do fairly well with in fun games (against any serious or competitive lists like Eldar D-spam I generally get flattened though).

I'm looking to bring this list up to 2000 pts.

So I figured I'd ask the interwebs for help to add 250 pts. Here we go.

CSM: CRIMSON SLAUGHTER SUPPLEMENT

COMBINED ARMS DETATCHMENT

HQ
Chaos Lord: MoN, Bike, Daemonheart, Slaughter Horns, Sigil of Corruption, Powerfist, Lightning Claw

TROOPS
Plague Marine x 7: 2 Plasmaguns, Champion: Combiplasma and Power axe
Rhino: Havoc Launcher

Plague Marine x 7: 2 Plasmaguns, Champion: Combiplasma and Power axe
Rhino: Havoc Launcher

FAST ATTACK
Spawn x 5: MoN

Chaos Bikers x 6: MoN, 2 x Meltaguns

Heldrake: Baleflamer

HEAVY SUPPORT
Rapier Battery x 3: Hades Autocannons x 3

Rapier Battery x 3: Hades Autocannons x 3

Infernal Relic Predator: Plasma Destroyer

1745 points.

Chaos Lord leads his pack of bikes up the board to go and wreck someone's face, especially if I rolled a 6 on the Crimson Slaughter warlord trait (shrouded for a 2+ jink save). Chaos Spawn also surge across the field. Plague Marines are my mid field objective takers/holders. Heldrake cooks any heavy weapon infantry types that are hiding in cover in the enemy lines. Relic Predator wipes out TEQ/elite infantry.

The Rapier batteries are a relatively new addition, replacing my two squads of Havocs (one with autocannons, one with lascannons), and sweet jesus jones I love them. Even in their standard Heavy bolter config they absolutely mulch through infantry, but with Hades AC's they instant death MEQ's (no FNP for you) and threaten AV13/AV14 vehicles. I tried the Laser Destroyer array - loved the twinlinked and ordnance buff, but the shortness of 36" is more noticeable when your firing a single shot weapon. I havn't tried the Conversion beamers yet but they sound wicked.

On to the subject at hand.

Back in 6th, to go up to 2000, I used to roll with Necrosius and a blob of plague zombies to hold a home objective, but now in 7th I don't think it's worth it anymore really since anyone can hold an objective now, and Necrosius while decent, has pretty weak psychic powers.

I randomly had my first real flick through the Stronghold Escalation book today, and I came up with:

2 x Vengeance Weapon Batteries: 4 x Tank traps.

Not totally sure what weapons I would take, but will steer clear of the Punisher cannons. Probably take an Icarus/Battle Cannon combo. I'd use the tank traps to give my Rapiers a mini Aegis line each, as well as stopping them from getting tank shocked (best way to take down artillery units as I have found out the hard way). The Icarus would help me out in the Anti air department, as currently I'm relying on snapshots and vector striking.

Anyway. What would you add for 250 points?

Also, any CC on the actual list is welcome guys.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If it was for me, I would go towards psychic powers, with a Deamon Prince or Sorcerer (on bike with the Lord or with his own Chosen bodyguards as Draznicht Ravagers).

But it would probably need some more spare points elsewhere (slightly reducing the number of batteries, maybe).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Realized I made a small mistake in the initial list - comes to 1781 pts.

Had my first game testing out the fortifications with the quad Icarus las cannons, funnily enough my friend decided to test out a tempestus airborne list. I won 9-3, was a fun game. I took very few casualties.

Unfortunately I can't take a fire raptor as I don't have a spare heavy support slot, and it's an infernal relic, and since I have the infernal relic predator I can't take another.

Not too keen on dropping things from my plague marines, yeah they are expensive but I love rapid firing with 6 plasma shots in a pinch.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
Interesting. I'm pretty out of the loop so I don't have much to offer tactically. I'm curious what book the rapier batteries and the infernal relic predator comes from?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe they are from Imperial Armour 13 - War machines of the lost as the damned.

Like I said, they are utterly boss. Ive tried the hades, quad heavy bolter and the las cannon setups - the hades is a clear winner for me. A full battery throwing down 12 S8 AP4 pinning shots at BS4 is awesome and can threaten anything on the table. Having a rough time tracking down some Hades auto cannon bits though lol.

I'll have to try the conversion beamer at some stage, they look beastly as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I played another game using this setup, this time a kill points game against an ork mech list. I tabled him at turn 4, final score was 20-1 (my spawn got used as a speed bump). Was utterly brutal. The tank traps were vital - he would have easily tank shocked my rapiers if not for them.

The vengeance batteries again proved their worth, shooting down an ork bomber and wrecking a trukk or two. Very happy with their performance.

For those interested in rapier batteries but don't feel like paying $60 AUD for one, I Did some trawling through the web and found this guy over at http://thedarkworks.bigcartel.com who just released some custom chaos rapier battery models - and should be releasing the hades weapon option very soon (he only has the conversion Beamer and ectoplasma cannons up at the moment).

·
Registered
15 Posts
A couple of tips

I run Nurgle Crimson Slaughter regularly as well, and I'd like to share a couple of my experiences:

Adding additional squad members to Plague Marine squads doesn't add much to the squad. I like to keep mine at 5, with no upgrades to the Plague Champion. Getting the two plasmas and the launcher on a mobile platform with objective secured for just under 200pts is a very good deal.

The slaughterer's horns aren't really worth the points on a lord with a bike and a power fist. Str 9 isn't much better than str 8, and the hammer of wrath is redundant.

A combi-weapon on a biker champion is definitely worth the points.

Adding a Biomancy sorcerer (mastery lvl3, bike, familiar) to your bike squad greatly increases its effectiveness.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts