Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my tau list, not super competitive but I'd like to win, please tear it apart if need be, all suggestions welcome. My main problem to this point was heavily armored Teqs, and as such I'm worried I may have overcompensated in this list so criticism is appreciated!

+ HQ (179pts) +

Commander

····XV8 Commander Crisis Suit Drone Controller, Missile Pod, Neuroweb System Jammer, Stimulant Injector, Target Lock, XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit, 2xMV7 Marker Drone

+ Elites (225pts) +

XV104 Riptide Battlesuits
····Riptide Shas'vre Early Warning Override, Ion Accelerator, Riptide Shield Generator, Stimulant Injector, Twin-linked Smart Missile System

+ Troops (126pts) +

Strike Team 7x Fire Warrior with Pulse Rifle
Strike Team 7x Fire Warrior with Pulse Rifle

+ Heavy Support (485pts) +

Sniper Drone Team
····3x Firesight Marksman
····8x MV71 Sniper Drone

Hammerhead
····TX7 Hammerhead Gunship Railgun, 2x Seeker Missile, Twin-linked Smart Missile System, Longstrike

Broadside squad
····Broadside Early Warning Override, Twin-linked High-Yield Missile Pod, Twin-linked Smart Missile System
····Broadside Early Warning Override, Twin-linked High-Yield Missile Pod, Twin-linked Smart Missile System

Drone-Net VX1-0 (224pts)
········4x MV7 Marker Drone
········4x MV7 Marker Drone
········4x MV1 Gun Drone
········4x MV1 Gun Drone

Optimized Stealth Cadre (760pts)

········Stealth Shas'ui with Burst Cannon Positional Relay
········Stealth Shas'ui with Burst Cannon EWO
········Stealth Shas'ui with Fusion Blaster EWO

········Stealth Shas'ui with Burst Cannon Positional Relay
········Stealth Shas'ui with Burst Cannon EWO
········Stealth Shas'ui with Fusion Blaster EWO

········Ghostkeel Shas'vre Fusion Collider, Early Warning Override, Stimulant Injector Twin-linked Fusion Blaster,
········Ghostkeel Shas'vre Fusion Collider, Early Warning Override, Stimulant Injector, Twin-linked Fusion Blaster
········Ghostkeel Shas'vre Fusion Collider, Early Warning Override, Stimulant Injector, Twin-linked Fusion Blaster

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't have too many stipulations about your list but I do have a few.

If you're going with buffmmander he shouldn't be taking any weapon period so get rid of the missile pod and give him the other buffer as well.

I would actually give your broadsides their heavy railrifle back and give them plasma rifles. Here's why, give them advanced targeting system so they get precision shots, so if somebody is running that pesky invisible deathstar you have shot of sniping their psyker and instagibbing him and ending those shinanagins. You need 6's to hit anyways so might as well put it to good use and you don't have to waste marker light support. These will also be you TEQ killers.

The rest I think is fine but you could run it with these options too.

Switch out your hammerhead for more Broadsides with same options as above to increase your odds.

Giving your Ghostkeels some dakka. Go with the Cyclic ion blaster and twinlinked burst cannon, EWO and keep stimulus or give target lock, cause that is a lot of shots to be wasted on 1 unit. But 30 shots is also a back-up TEQ because massed amounts of anything will kill a Terminator (Insert Imperial Guard joke here). On Average out of 30 shots (I would assume your commander goes here?), with rerolls that's 25 hits, thats 18-20 wounds. At a 2+ save that's 3-4 terminators DEAD! Of course if they are invisible well, you chances of killing them go down. BUT!!! Here's your ace in the hole!! Since you are not taking blast weapons which means your can shoot that pesky invisible deathstar, you increases your odds of killing that squad tremendously!!!

Hope this helps!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts