Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for making another thread for essentially the same army, but I've been rethinking the whole approach of my army. Ultimately I've decided that in choosing daemonhunters I've made an army decision based on looks and lore rather than power gaming potential. The thing that attracted me to daemonhunters at first were grey knights, so I decided to go balls to the wall and make an entire grey knights army (which isn't a problem since I haven't bought my inquisitor, assassin, or stormtroopers yet). Anyways here's the list.

HQ:
Grey Knight Grand Master (Guillaume Chartres)
-Master-Crafted Weapon (Nemesis)
-Sacred Incense
-Psychic Hood
-Auspex
-Storm Shield
--5 Terminators (Foulques Villaret, Nicolas Lorgne, Robert Juliac, Martin Garzez)
---Psycannon
-Land Raider Crusader
--Blessed
Total = 722 points
Troops:
(3)Grey Knights (6) (Squads: Benediction (Karl Josef), Vindication (Gerhard von Malberg), Retribution (Ludwig Franz))
-(3)Psycannons
-(3)Melta Bombs
Total = 615 points
FA:
(2)Grey Knights (6) (Squad: Inferno (Dante Alighieri))
-(4)Incinerators
-(2)Melta Bombs
Total = 400 points
HS:
(2)Dreadnought (Brother Odon)
-(2)Assault Cannon
-(2)Missile Launcher
-(2)Extra Armor
Total = 250 points
Grand Total = 1987 points

Personal Requests: Alright, first and foremost fluff. I need a name for my second dreadnought, my second deepstrike incinerator squad and a name for their justicar, a name for my newest terminator, and a name for the LRC.
Alright gameplay wise I've been thinking about how smart it would be to waste an arm on my gm with a stormshield when he's wearing termie armor. I'm thinking maybe I should give him a powerfist or something to replace it, or maybe just give him the stock stormbolter and give him holocaust or some other cool psyker power.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I didn't know GK could take melta bombs, but if you have extra points maybe toss the GM a psycannon if your not going to use the points. Otherwise looks like a real solid list.

Goodluck

Alias

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, and I just thought of this, what if I took the psycannon off my termies, and the stormshield off my gm. This would leave me with 1952 points, which would give me enough to get a cool lore weapon like a daemonhammer, then I could get holocaust and I could take off auspex and it would leave me with a smooth 2000. Ideas?

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
The daemonhammer is fairly good, but a bit expensive for what it does. I would also suggest giving your GM a psycannon, and drop his psychic hood. Everybody has aegis armour already and the only things that could be effected are the vehicles, which aren't too vulnerable to psychic powers.

I would also suggest making your fast attack squads bigger. Because when deep striking they become very vulnerable the turn they come in and the bigger squads have a chance of surviving

·
Registered
5 Posts
defenatly go with a psychannon on the gm that extra fire power can be a emperor send and bulk up the teleport squads as they well be a main attack for ure eneimy and if u charge with them after a nise blasting from storm bolters u can take down entier squads.belive me i have done it. and melta bombs save for terminator s or use points for psychanons as they dish out the pwonage.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I would drop Psychic Hood and Storm Shield for Icon of the just

1 - 6 of 6 Posts