-6x Sternguard, 2x combi melta 160pts

-Rhino, sb, ea 60pts

-10x Tactical, ml, flamer, pw, mb 190pts

-Razorback, TLLC, ea 90pts

-10x Tactical, ml, plasma gun, pw, mb 200pts

-5x Tactical, pw, mb 110pts

-3x Typhoon, mm 300pts (deploy separate/not in a squad)

-3x Predator, sponson laz 360pts

TOTAL - 1985

I could take out the plasma gun for the extra 10 and have 25pts to mess around with, maybe kit out the rest of my sternguard squad with combimeltas. What does anyone think about combiflamers for sternguard?

I'm just shy of 200$ to finish this build and wanted to send it through the grinder one more time

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea. an extra punch for troop and armor destroy. i think i should make all sternguard combimelta though. I dont know if you remember when you were helping me figure it before, we had 3 sternguard going, i eventually decided to drop one squad and add another scoring 5 man with the lazback would be more beneficial overall. thanks again man, your feedback has been great, have some rep!

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Thanks for the rep! I think I might steal this list at some point to play with the sterns... I don't normally run them... but this looks like a lot of fun... and it would give me an excuse to build some sternguard.... White Helmets FTW!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was running into a pain in the a** with stunned rhinos/razorbacks, though i can see the storm bolters not being necessary. i definitely intend to tweak the numbers a bit. thanks for the input.

·
Registered
548 Posts
i play something similar to that build but i drop a 10 man sternguard squad with the libby in a drop pod first turn... combat squad the sternguard to get on 2 vehics/targets and you have a good chance a messing up whatever your opponent was trying to do. then the tacs roll up in the rhinos/razorbacks while they focus on the new that most likely popd a expensive tank or 2 when it showed up.

·
Registered
670 Posts
~Librarian, nullzone/avenger(or smite?) 100pts
Avenger is better. You don't need to roll to hit, got +1 strength and still enough AP to toast power armour.

~5x Sternguard, pf, 3x combi melta, 2x meltagun 175pts

~Rhino, sb, ea 60pts
Don't need power fist really. With that amount of meltas you will pop tanks and you don't want to get out your tank and find yourself bogged down in close combat.

-6x Sternguard, 2x combi melta 160pts

-Rhino, sb, ea 60pts
Sound

-10x Tactical, ml, flamer, pw, mb 190pts

5 Marines don't win combat so I'd ditch the power weap. If you really want a power weap and melta bombs take a fist, more attacks against vehicles and has better advantages. Have a read of this: http://www.imperiusdominatus.com/2010/01/power-fist-vs-power-weapon-melta-bombs.html

-10x Tactical, ml, plasma gun, pw, mb 200pts

-5x Tactical, pw, mb 110pts

See above for melta bombs and power weaps.

-3x Typhoon, mm 300pts (deploy separate/not in a squad)

-3x Predator, sponson laz 360pts
Looks alright to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts