Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to the game but have lurked several WH40K forums for a couple months now. I'm pretty set on pulling the trigger on an Eldar army and I'm looking for some C&C on the 2000 pt list that I've come up with. So here's the list:

HQ:

Farseer w/ Jetbike and Singing Spear

Warlock with Jetbike and Singing Spear

4x Warlocks (stock)

Troops:

Dire Avengers x5, Wave Serpent (Holo Fields, TL Scatter Lasers, Shuriken Cannon)

Dire Avengers x5, Wave Serpent (Holo Fields, TL Scatter Lasers, Shuriken Cannon)

Guardian Defenders x10, Heavy Weapon Platform (Bright Lance), Wave Serpent (Holo Fields, TL Scatter Lasers, Shuriken Cannon)

Guardian Defenders x10, Heavy Weapon Platform (Bright Lance), Wave Serpent (Holo Fields, TL Scatter Lasers, Shuriken Cannon)

Windrider Jetbike Squadron x5

Fast Attack:

Crimson Hunter Exarch w/ two Bright Lances

Warp Spiders x5

Warp Spiders x5

Heavy Support:

Fire Prism (Shuriken Cannon, Holo Field)

Fire Prism (Shuriken Cannon, Holo Field)

The basic Idea would be to have a warlock attached to each of the troops selections, While the mounted Farseer and Warlock join the Jetbikes.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Looks good to me, though I think you are saying that a warlock would join each of the dire avengers. They as far as a remember (book isn't to hand) can only join Guardian defenders, storm guardians, windriders jetbikes or vaul weapon platforms and only 1 per unit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Good catch. Two possible options to fix those points that I can think of are to drop 2 jetbike guardians and use those points to buy 2 more jetbikes for the warlocks, or to drop the 2 warlocks and two jetbikes and bring the DA squads up to 9 strong each.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Good catch. Two possible options to fix those points that I can think of are to drop 2 jetbike guardians and use those points to buy 2 more jetbikes for the warlocks, or to drop the 2 warlocks and two jetbikes and bring the DA squads up to 9 strong each.
Or you could drop the warlocks, max one DA squad and take a spirit seer?
Or go Iyanden and bring 2 spiritseers instead of the 4 warlocks and attach those to the DA squads?
Do you use forgeworld? A Nightwing will outlast the Crimson Hunter and save points for cheaper - however it's not quite as heavily armed as the hunter (2BL and 2 Shuriken cannons)

Personally, I'd drop the warlocks and get some more warp spiders in - they're about my favourite squad to use in this codex

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I suppose I should mention that I'm trying to keep the theme vaugely Ulthwe, to go in line with my paint scheme. No Forgeworld for me just yet, I'm breaking into an unknown meta and I don't know hoe people around here generally feel about that kind of thing. So taking into advice what you guys said, I revised the list in two different ways, One with a Jetseer council, and one without.

Option 1:

Farseer w/ jetbike/RoW/Singing spear
Farseer w/ jetbike/Singing spear
Warlocks x6 w/ jetbikes/singing spears

Dire Avenger x5 in Wave Serpent w/scatter lasers, shuriken cannon, holo-fields

Crimson Hunter Exarch w/ 2x Bright Lance
Warp Spiders x5

Fire Prism w/ shuriken cannon, Holo-field

This option drops the guardians to dire avengers and drops the windriders and one group of warp spiders to field a jetseer council. The thing I'm afraid of is that my troops seem more fragile now, and I'm not packing as many bright lances.

Option 2:

Farseer w/ jetbike, runes of witnessing, mantle of the laughing god'
Warlocks x2 w/ singing spear

Crimson Hunter Exarch w/ 2x Bright Lance
Warp Spiders x8
Warp Spiders x7 w/Exarch (Power Blades, Spinneret Rifle, Fast Shot)

This one cuts down on the warlocks in favor of a mantle jetbike farseer and tosses in some more warp spiders. I'm not sure what list I like more, and since I'm new I'm not positive on where each of these lists may be weak. C&C?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Another prob with option 1 now seems to be that you are burning a lot of points on 1 squad that could easily be squished by any S6 thing ignoring cover (like most tau or an inferno cannon or a bale flamer). You will still get the invuln save of 4+ but fail 1 and you dead... possibly losing something like 400pts of guys in 1 shot.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Not really... it is just a prob with elder having T3 and 4+ invuns. But that is why they are cheaper than space maines and stuff but best to keep them slightly apart due to the nature of some template weapon attacks being able to cripple you.
I guess your best defence against such things is your offence, and just make sure you blow them up before they get the chance to shoot ya.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Jetseer is T4, and they usually have a rerollable 2+ armor and cover save (nothing packs AP2 AND ignores cover), and if somehow that does exist it has very few shots and yous till have a 4+ rerollable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I see. So I guess the differences in my list come down to whether or not a jetseer council is worth giving up 2 Bright Lances and 10 Warp Spiders and an Exarch.

The Jetseer council would have Singing Spears and be flinging a boatload of powers around, but would that list variation leave me with too few answers to Land Raiders and the like?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Oh course they get the extra T from the bike, though why a 2+ save? I know the cover is 5+ jink, 4+ if turbo boost. One of the Warlocks is bound to get off a conceal for shrouded (so making it 3+ / 2+ cover) and Eldar Jetbikes gives the person a 3+ save.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Dark Eldar add so much to a seer council. But that would mean pulling out a portion of your list to add them in. Even if you stay Eldar pure, then you'll at least want to look at dropping the SC on the prisms since you don't want them that close to something anyways. Then drop the SS from one of the seers and three of the locks. That will give you enough points to get the Shard of Anaris for the seer that just dropped his SS and give that big, expensive unit that you invested in Fearless. You will still have enough spears.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd like to stay pure Eldar, so I think I will go with your suggestion if I run the jetseer council. Do you think that is the better list?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Seerstar is a very good, the only weakness is Imperial Knights. To answer an earlier question the likelihood of getting a warlock that gives +1 armor is likely.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts