mephiston-250

elites
sanguinary priest-power weapon-65
furioso librarian dreadnaught-175-blood lance, might of heroes

troops
10xtac marines-melta, ml, fist, rhino-245
8xassault marines-fist, melta-189
land raider-250-for assault squad, carries meph and priest too, making my hammer unit
3x death company-power waepon-75

fast attack
baal pred-heavy flamers, flamestorm cannon-140

heavy support
stormraven gunship-typhoon missile launchers, tl lascannon, tl multi melta-226

the death company rides in the stormraven to randomly do damage somewhere, i had 75 pts leftover when i made the list so i added them, the rest of the list is pretty solid, decent amount of armour, and i have the potential to drop the landraiser for more armour..so this is the final product for my first list, after i get it assembled, and painted ill have a go and try it out for awhile, than go from there...although a fast vindi is really enticing...tear the list apart please, some criticism would be greatly appreciated...remember this list is made with the idea thati have a essentialy a ton of "can openers" with a ton of mob killing potential in the baals...and of course marines are good mob killers anyway...although part of me wants to drop the furioso libby and add 2 more death co, and and a death co dread..mephistons there to provide a punch, that normal librarions cannot, and i dont wanna take two libbys because of the abundance of space wolves and tyranid players in my area

·
Registered
122 Posts
hq
mephiston-250

elites
sanguinary priest-power weapon-65
furioso librarian dreadnaught-175-blood lance, might of heroes

troops
8xassault marines-fist, melta-189
land raider-250-for assault squad, carries meph and priest too, making my hammer unit
3x death company-power waepon-75

fast attack

heavy support

the death company rides in the stormraven to randomly do damage somewhere, i had 75 pts leftover when i made the list so i added them, the rest of the list is pretty solid, decent amount of armour, and i have the potential to drop the landraiser for more armour..so this is the final product for my first list, after i get it assembled, and painted ill have a go and try it out for awhile, than go from there...although a fast vindi is really enticing...tear the list apart please, some criticism would be greatly appreciated...remember this list is made with the idea thati have a essentialy a ton of "can openers" with a ton of mob killing potential in the baals...and of course marines are good mob killers anyway...although part of me wants to drop the furioso libby and add 2 more death co, and and a death co dread..mephistons there to provide a punch, that normal librarions cannot, and i dont wanna take two libbys because of the abundance of space wolves and tyranid players in my area
I dont like the list i have to say, i have kinda different playing style, however ill say you some tips of what its normally best to do.

Mephiston is no longer a IC so he cant join any unit, so he cant be inside the landraider unless he is going alone in there( i like him, is the SC i use from far).

Sanguinary priest i would get into 2 of em, if it is necesary to get out that power weapon from that one do it, hes not going to benefit much from that( as they are IC its kinda hard to keep em alive all time, only is good in a first charge with I5 and if ur lucky maybe more, but i prefer those 15 points to buy other one, 2 is nice at 2000 points).

I dont like Librarian furiosos, i prefer normal furioso with those blood talons thing in drop pod u can release him where u want and kill many infantry, with some antitank with the melta, and for same price around).

In a BA army at least for me what should be the first abundant troops is the assault squads, 3 points more than normal marine and can move double, can take 2 special weapons and if u want take a transport with the 35 points disscount, all this being Troops! we are the only marines can do that! and with descent of angels, so take advantage of it.

Land Raider i just normally dont use em, i dont have anything vs it anyways they are useful some games but i dont like to spent many points in same vehicle that can be opened easy with melta. However i could use it in some games, but if i use it it would be with a nice elite unit not that assault squad, for me its perfect with DC u can control em much more time than in a rhino(that can explodes much more easy than the LR), with multiple special cc weapons and assault in same turn u dissembark so u make em worth( with chaplain not sure but maybe u can worth his 100 points).

3 death company will not do much, i woulf prefer to put some AT like bikes or speeders for those points, but like i said up there with the LR is DC what u have to put in there with some more members.

About the baal predators, i dont like em any configuration but ppl just love them, its said they worth more with all Distance Dakka, assault cannon and heavy bolters, but if u want it with the flamers u may know most times its hard to use all the flamers in the same squad, so probably the best thing is to only put the torret one. Anyways, this is 115 points, and u can play razorbacks, that can get into some guys to transport and get a twin linked heavy flamer instead heavy bolter for free!( no other marine can do that) and for a ridiculous amount of points if u get a 5 guys assault squad for it.

The stormraver i think its not worth it in this list, its gona fall in not much time. I dont use them but i think could be worth it, just have to get more dangerous AV into there so the enemy split some more fire( because at the moment i will launch all my shoot on that stormraven rather than a walking librarian dread or those 2 baals that probably are not there the 1st turn).

Ok, hope it helped some way, anyways u must keep ur own style and get fun with it, maybe i just think on competitive all time....and even that i can be wrong, gl.

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
I think you need to tweak your list a little, just a couple of things.

If this is the dedicated transport for the Assault Squad then they're not wearing their jump packs so apply for your 35pt discount. Also Mephiston cannot ride in here with anyone else, he's too angry and no one else is stupid enough.

The Typhoon is in place of Heavy Bolter, so you cannot have the Typhoon and the Multimelta sadly. So without the Multimelta you cost 225 pts, unless you've bought a searchlight.

I would generally say adding sponson weapons to the Baal is a waste of time, especially on a Flamestorm flavoured one. You can only move 6 and fire them all and even then you'll struggle to get more than one Heavy Flamer on your target. Cut out both of those and get your Dedicated Transport discount and you can buy yourself a few more Death Company dudes.

Slightly more bold if you dropped the Libby upgrade from the Furioso and stuck him on the back of the Storm Raven then that would free up enough points for 2 more Assualt Marines and a second Melta gun.

Aramoro

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn, didnt notice that mephiston thing, prolly just assumed, ill throw in a normal libby and get more outta the list

1 - 4 of 4 Posts