Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If your a lover of da fluff click "back" on your web browser. This list was designed to win and takes a little strategy when playing because of only 3 troop choices but it is hard hitting and hard for your opponent to predict what is going to happen. I will follow with a summary of how I intend on playing it at the bottom of this post.

HQ

Demon Prince w/ MoN - Wings = 175

Chaos Sorcerer w/ MoS and Lash = 125

Troops

Khorne Zerks x8
Champ w/ PF
Rhino - Dozer Blade - Extra Armor = 263

Khorne Zerks x8
Champ(plain)
Rhino - Dozer Blade - Extra Armor = 238

Plague Marines x8
Champ w/ PF - Combi-Plasma
Plasma Guns x2
Rhino - Dozer Blade - Extra Armor = 319

Elites

Chosen x 5
Champ w/ Flamer
Meltagun x 4
Rhino = 180

Heavy Support

Obliterators x3 = 225

Obliterators x3 = 225

Defiler 2x CCW = 150

Non-Organization

Greater Demon = 100

Total = 2000

You are probably wondering why I am taking a Zerk squad with no PF / PW.. Well here is the plan and I have tried it and it is extremely deadly. I basically use the Plague squad to hold objectives or if need be run up on a IC or Nasty Beast and drop 6 rapid fire plasmas ... I tend to run the Zerk squads side by side and I run the Lash Prince in the rhino with the zerk squad that has the plain champion, the plain champ is basically there for greater demon. It's really nice having 2 squads of zerk, I will move them in order to where lash prince hangs behind the PF zerk squad so for instance on round 1 or 2 depending on how quick I can pop transports I will run the PF zerks up 12" pop smoke and run the the lash up next to it and pop smoke as well. Then next turn I will disembark the PF zerks and move the lash rhino accordingly to lash a unit into furious charge range of my zerks or if its not ideal to disembark I would just do the lash/oblit strategy. It is awesome having the greater demon there as your lash sorc will get alot of attention especially when you start lashing your opponent. Not to mention you also have a defiler with fleet and a battlecannon. The chosen are flat out awesome. For 180pts you can potentially pop high priority target and force your opponent to spend time to deal with you, so in theory you could pop a 250 pt land raider and force them to use more points on their turn to deal with em. Now thats awesome. I know its low on troop choices but it takes a little strategy and its hard hitting. Oh I forgot to mention you have a nurgle DP flying around too! One game I played the Chosen came in on round 3 when things were just about to get heavy and he popped a Space Wolves land raider with Logan and 4 termies and I plasma cannoned the squad forcing them to take 11 Plasma cannon wounds.. They all died he was so pissed and then on his turn he was forced shoot all his long fangs at the chosen squad allowing me to move up even closer with my zerks... It was a massacre!

Please critique!

BTW, I currently play with this list. Not only is it totally fun but it seems to be working!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
K, From your Explaination, i have a few things worth noting;

Using Plague marines to hold a home objective, is a waste, I don't know what objectives you mean they're holding, but you want them driving forward, and being a Feel-No-Pain in the ass.

Don't ever bother running a Single Defiler, it'll get broken in the 1st turn, Don't get me wrong, defilers are awesome, i run 2 in every list i ever use. Just Don't run a single one! :biggrin:

As for the list;

- Drop all the Dozer-Blades, Put Extra-armour on the Chosen's Rhino;

- Drop 1 Squad of Oblits and the Defiler, and take 2 Vindicators

- Give the chosen champ a melta, I don't like mixing roles.

- Drop the Sorceror and take a;
Daemon Prince - 155
MoS, LoS, Wings

After all this you have exactly 50 Points you can chuck around however you please.
What do you think?

Good Warring :wild:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
K, From your Explaination, i have a few things worth noting;

Using Plague marines to hold a home objective, is a waste, I don't know what objectives you mean they're holding, but you want them driving forward, and being a Feel-No-Pain in the ass.

Don't ever bother running a Single Defiler, it'll get broken in the 1st turn, Don't get me wrong, defilers are awesome, i run 2 in every list i ever use. Just Don't run a single one! :biggrin:

As for the list;

- Drop all the Dozer-Blades, Put Extra-armour on the Chosen's Rhino;

- Drop 1 Squad of Oblits and the Defiler, and take 2 Vindicators

- Give the chosen champ a melta, I don't like mixing roles.

- Drop the Sorceror and take a;
Daemon Prince - 155
MoS, LoS, Wings

After all this you have exactly 50 Points you can chuck around however you please.
What do you think?

Good Warring :wild:
The Plague marines just don't sit on a home objective, they are my plasma feel no pain in the ass. When multiple objective games are played I won't be sticking my objective 12 from the board edge on my side, I will put them in cover in the middle of the board. This is a get up and in your ass army and I place objectives accordingly.

The sorcerer is not a DP because I want him hidden in the rhino in a troop of guys, otherwise he gets shot to shit and I my Oblits become less strategic and reduced to mech popping.

Dozer Blades, don't write these things off. Many times I have wanted to make a move through area terrain because it would make me get where I wanted to go a turn faster and being able to re-roll break downs for 5 points is worth it, the way I play atleast.

Defilers, you say you run 2 but you want me to drop mine AND a squad of Oblite to replace for vindicators? Now my army of get in your ass has to move with the vindicators so they can be useful and in range all the while my DP is getting shot to shit. For example first round a vindicator gets popped, now I am seriously down on heavy support... On the otherhand the Defiler gets popped round 1 and I still have 2 squads of heavy support with 6 wounds each and they spent turn one trying to pop my defiler that was only 150 pts and my DP with 2 rhinos of zerks gets that much closer.

Chosen with Extra Armor? They are a suicide unit plain and simple. In my opinion 4 meltas is more then enough and the flamer gives me some flexibility incase I am playing a horde army or have some pesky scouts holding an objective I want to torch. All the while staying in the rhino and forcing my opponent to stop worrying about my zerks, lash pronce, nurgle prince, plasma plague marines, and 2 squads of oblits and a 5 base attacks fleet defiler.

Hope this looks more reasonable.

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
I'd take the rhino and flamer off the chosen as you can infliterate and use the aspiring champion as the tool for your greater daemon. It will be the greatest shock you could do in so little time. having melta power and a daemon prince targeting enemies first turn is gonna piss people off. :)

As far as heavy. I think you are better off using a vindicator with daemonic possession than a defiler, unless you are using the defiler as part of your assault plan.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd take the rhino and flamer off the chosen as you can infliterate and use the aspiring champion as the tool for your greater daemon. It will be the greatest shock you could do in so little time. having melta power and a daemon prince targeting enemies first turn is gonna piss people off. :)

As far as heavy. I think you are better off using a vindicator with daemonic possession than a defiler, unless you are using the defiler as part of your assault plan.
I do use the defiler as part of my assault plan. I will keep it in the back as best I can in cover because the poeple I play with drop pod alot and they tend to drop pod my oblits so I tend to keep my defiler about 12 to 14 inches away from my oblits and they always forget that bad boy can fleet lol. The reason the chosen are in a rhino is because sometimes I dont always outflank them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rot, I would really like to discuss these strats with you based on my list. Don't take my post the wrong way I appreciate your reply and I would like to take the topic further.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I say Defilers, because i own 2 defilers, and i run them always, but frankly it's just a case of Something that drops plates, Vindicators work fine, but again i'd stress to run a pair, cause if 1 Vindicator gets blown up by a random Lascannon on the 1st turn, and you had another, you'd still be able to make use of Lash Prince to it's nearly full ability, But if you have the one you'd be seriously down on Lash-combo weapons...
That's just why i stress 2. Take Vindicators if you prefer, merely said Defilers off the back of my own lists... And ofcourse F AV13 is nicer than F AV12, so there you go.

- I didn't mean to come across saying take 2 defilers, drop them. I mean, in general, don't bother with 1, and as for your situation, you should take vindicators; If that clears that up! :)

I say Don't take dozers because i dont really have a tendancy to drive AROUND as such, more to 'deliver the package' Which tends to be 24 Khorne Berserkers and Khârn, which is a VERY IMPORTANT package... I deploy so that i generally have a direct route to them, or if i deploy first, i deploy so that most direct paths don't go through terrain, It's quite obvious to predict where people will put stuff.

About Daemon Princes, That again is all bias, seeing as Daemon princes are my favourite Unit... The fluff, the model, the general-ability in-game. So i'll always favour a Prince... I think they are durable enough to be a big target... use them smartly, get in cover, out of sight behind Rhinos, then they get into close-combat and commit their steal-of-a-point-value and wreck shit up MC style.
And on the other end of the stick i don't like sorcerers, because again i favour CC, being a Khorne guy, so Psychic is limited.

As for putting him in a squad, I have no idea if you can use Lash out of a Rhino... And even if you can... Getting 24" away from troops in cover with a Whole squad of MEQs is difficult... I'd let a DP into my lines before 10 marines... Marginally, but still i think a whole Squad would do more damage in cc can 1 Prince... i mean It's only got a Max of 5 attacks, where as Marines would have 20+; Do you see my reasoning?

And finally Chosen as a suicide unit is fine, i play mine more safe, but if your just suiciding, don't waste the points, I can assume you'll want to try and use your Chosen to kill roughly their Equivalent in points worth of tank, per say, 1 Marine pred/vindi or whatever... Or do you aspire for them to rampage across their lines Completely busting open tanks... If the latter then take EA.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I understand how sick vindicators can be especially with demonic possesion, the only thing that scares me about them is a weapon destroyed outcome. They don't have to be wrecked/destryed to become useless. So I understand why having 2 is better then one. As far as my defiler at AV12 is very squishy nowadays with all the anti-mech. I actually like the attention he can grab at only 150 points and also can be hidden in a table corner and fire 72". I have been messing around with reserving my defiler and having him come in round 3 and fleet and possibly assault something 18" away is n ice and people tend to not see that coming, now the only problem with that is you can never count on reserve rolls. Lash Sorcs can fire out of rhinos seeing as it is a shooting attack you just can't move more then 6". And as far as having more blast templates as to why you would have 2 defilers/vindis don't count out the obliterators... dropping 6 str 7 ap2 templates on a 7 man squad of termies is just plain rude. The reason I don't see the point in putting EA on the chosen rhino is because essentially when they outflank you move 12" in drop em 2" and unload on something and they are left out in the open, I never expect them to survive seeing as my opponent should get rid of them next turn. I know there are other ways to play them like infiltrate or just deploy as normal in a rhino and move them forward but even if they come in and only pop a 120 point predator (hopefully a mantacore!) I still see them as being worth every penny because now the opponent has to deal with them on their turn or continue to feel the burn. I guess I have a hard time letting the defiler go for a vindicator because I love the CC the defiler brings to the table and I won't drop a squad of oblits because quite frankly they are so versatile. They can pop mech, vaporize termies, and put holes in hordes and a squad can be deepstriked if playing a heavy mech IG, its nice to have a outflanking chosen and a deepstrike oblits with 6 wounds and PF in termie armor.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
not at all. it's more rounded than that.

for a cheese list like that, it would consist of two Lash princes, a couple of plasma gun wielding PMs one 'Zerker unit, and some Vindies.

it's close, but not quite.

i like the list, but the only concern i have is that you're paying too much for Champs that are going to die bringing in the Greater Daemon, but that's all i can think of.

good hunting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts