Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been playing at a store where there are only a few 40K players. One of these players plays Blood Angels. I have always had trouble against his army because he drops anywhere between 2 and 4 dreadnoughts right next to me and then shreds me to pieces, so I made this list which is designed specifically to destroy mechanized Blood angels/ any deep striking army. Please let me know what you think.

HQ
- (Deep Striking) Grand Master (w/ Master-crafted weapon (15), Emperor’s Tarot (15), Icon of the Just (25), Holocaust (0), Melta Bomb(5), Holy Relic (30)) Total: 235
-Retinue: 5 Grey Knight Terminators- Total: 230
TOTAL: 465
-Inquisitor Lord Squad- Inquisitor Lord (w/ Term. Armor (20), Unguents of Warding (10), Auspex (2), Master crafted Twin Lightning Claw (60), Melta Bombs (5),) Total: 137
-Retinue: 3 Gun Servitors w/ Multi-Meltas+ 2 Mystic Henchmen+ 3 acolytes (w/ Plasma Pistols (15))+ 2 Sages+ 2 familiars- Total: 218
TOTAL: 355
HQ TOTAL: 820
Troops
- Grey Knight Squad: 1 Justicar (melta Bombs (5), Artificer armor (15), Icon of the Just (15))+ 7 grey knights+ 2 grey knights w/ psycannons- Total: 335
- Grey Knight Squad: 1 Justicar (melta Bombs (5), Artificer armor (15), Icon of the just (15))+ 7 grey knights+ 2 grey knights w/ psycannons- Total: 335
TROOPS TOTAL: 670
Heavy Support
- Land Raider - Total: 250
- Dreadnought - Total: 130
- Dreadnought - Total: 130
HEAVY SUPPORT TOTAL: 510
TOTAL: 2,000 points

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Sorry, but trying to beat any army with pure GK by spending an inordinate amount of points on Wargear, and not just more GK(T)'s, is going about it the wrong way.

I see 247 pts that could (should) be spent on more Men. In the main all you're doing is making a 1W model like the Justicars far too expensive.

Trying to make an Inquisitor into the fluffy background image of a c/c monster with Ninja skills simply doesn't work, and is once again crazy expensive. I would keep him as an Elite choice to save points, and just take 2 Mystics & the Gun Servitors and put them in a transport, or make a firebase-type unit that deals with any DS'ers etc.

Mini Purgation Squads should be 5 GK 2 Psycannons, and kept back at range as a firebase..make a sepearte Squad with those extra GK.

Overall though, just get more men. I have far more success with my pure DH list at the moment rather than pure GK..bring on the new Codex and hopefully a pure GK list will be able to go toe-to-toe with the big boys once more.

·
Registered
157 Posts
You are wasting points on the lord. He should be plain with multimelta or plasma cannon ,if you need to kill marines, gun servitors. Drop the pistols on the other retinue. Take 3 squads of 5 or 6 storm troopers with meltas. The grandmaster should have master crafted weapon, icon of the just and a psycannon. Since he will use hammer hand against a dread drop the meltabombs. The terminator retinue should have 1 or 2 thunder hammer and storm shield to get dreads. Do not giver justicars anything other than a targeter and melta bombs.

Have one squad of 10 GK with 2 psycannons. Fill out the rest of the points with a many Regular GK as you can fit. Also, I would drop the Landraider for another dread.

You deploy compact. When the dreads drop in you use the free shot from the Inquisitor for the gun servitors or for a squad of storm troopers. Since the dreads can not assault turn 1, you get a bunch of melta shots and what that doesn't finish your terms who should never deep strike against a deep striking list finish it off with the hammers. He drops more dreads and the same thing happens.

This is all I got unless you say what else he is bringing.

·
Registered
183 Posts
the acolytes were made to take wounds so give them artificer armor instead and i would take out a dreadnought and spread the points over more troops

1 - 4 of 4 Posts