Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nearlly finished on a strange list I want to try out, there are a few units I rarely see being used, I only have them in my list as I got them so cheap on ebay...

"PRIMARY DETACHMENT Salamanders"

*HQ*
Chapter Master
> Bike
> Power Fist
> +2 armour
Command Squad
> Bike Mounted
> Company Champion
> Apothecary
> combi melta
> combi flamer

*TROOP*
x10 Close combat scouts (combat squad)
> melta bomb
x5 Bike Squad
> sgt power sword
> flamer
> attack bike with MM
x10 Tactical Marines
> x2 flamer
> Sgt Power Fist
Rhino

*ELITE*
x5 Assault Terminators
> Hammer & Shields
Dreadnought multi melta
> heavy flamer
Drop Pod

*HEAVY*
Thunder Fire Cannon
Whirlwind
Land Raider (termies inside)

"SECONDARY Detachment Inquisition"

*HQ*
Corteaz

*ELITE*
x10 Acolytes
> x3plasma guns
> +4 armour
Valkyrie
> las cannon upgrade

TOTAL

1999 pts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
May want to drop that whirlwind for a land speeder or two mate. While it may be useful against hordes a well kitted land speeder can take several weapons to fulfil several roles. and im positive there's a variant that lets you add a cyclone missile launcher. other than that i like this list.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
May want to drop that whirlwind for a land speeder or two mate. While it may be useful against hordes a well kitted land speeder can take several weapons to fulfil several roles. and im positive there's a variant that lets you add a cyclone missile launcher. other than that i like this list.
That's another option I've not thought of, I've not really done the maths, I've just saw 65 points spare which was what it costs for a whirlwind. I suppose the only advantage of the whirlwind is it can sit at the edge of the board relatively out of site.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
That's another option I've not thought of, I've not really done the maths, I've just saw 65 points spare which was what it costs for a whirlwind. I suppose the only advantage of the whirlwind is it can sit at the edge of the board relatively out of site.
i wouldnt even call that an advantage. Land speeders can deepstrike, they are quick and they can jink. add to that a heavy bolter and multi melta/heavy flamer costs ballpark of 70 pts youve got a very usable little asset there. more so if you can manage to sneak in 2 of them. typhoon missle launcher would bring cost to roughly 75 pts but with 48" range. not a pie plate but certainly enough to ruin someones day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts